Talk:YouTube Furry War
Furry War and Wolfee Darkfang
Okay, this page is full of errors. "The Furry War" is definitely still going between a bunch of furries and persistent trolls. I'm also pretty sure that the channers' campaign against Scientology didn't begin until early 2008.
I'd change it myself, but I don't know much about this sort of thing. All I know is that the trolls are claiming to have evidence of Wolfeedarkfang being a zoophile or something.
By the way, isn't FCTC/"Foocy Toocy" an anime show? 126.96.36.199 10:42, 13 December 2008 (UTC)
- The situation with Wolfeedarkfang is an independent flamewar that came two months after everything settled down. It has nothing to do what happened back in late 2007. --FoxyMicFox9 23:38, 18 December 2008 (UTC)
How could the trolls retreat from "the war" in 2007 to participate in a campaign that hadn't started yet? It's definitely the same war, same furries making videos, same group of trolls attacking them. I don't think it ever stopped.
Whether it did or not, I think it should be documented on Wikifur. It's definitely some noteworthy stuff going on. Perhaps it should be called "YouTube Furry War 2: Electric Boogaloo"? 188.8.131.52 02:03, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
- It died down to the point where everything was *kind of* peaceful. And of course there are still going to be some tensions from the people who stayed behind. But those where little week flamewars. It would start on a Monday and end on a Sunday.
- "It's definitely the same war, same furries making videos, same group of trolls attacking them. I don't think it ever stopped."
- No, it’s not the same war. This article is about the YouTube Furry War; not the Wolfeedarkfang flamewar. You want to put them in the same pot. Lets please keep the article relevant. I know you like Wolfeedarkfang, but this article is not about him or the situation with him at YT. I'm sorry. --FoxyMicFox9.0 22:23, 26 December 2008 (UTC)
How about a new article, then? 184.108.40.206 09:25, 27 December 2008 (UTC)
- About what? The situation with Wolfeedarkfang? --FoxyMicFox9.0 20:54, 27 December 2008 (UTC)
It's definitely notable. Many trolls and furries were involved. It was these groups' main focus on YouTube for a period of time. Wolfee and associates created at least one (possibly two or more) "FurryOps" secret forums in which Wolfee, Tamias and their flamewar gang planned to send pizza deliveries to trolls' doorsteps and put child pornography on their computers, among other things. I'm pretty sure one of the trolls even faked his own death. If it doesn't belong here, it should have its own article. Also I'm removing the part about the end of the war until the dates can be verified. 220.127.116.11 05:55, 4 January 2009 (UTC)
- The YouTube Furry War and Wolfeedarkfang's flame war is not the same "war." This is how it started: Around February or so a troll was conversing with a furry about zoophilia(I think might have been the subject), and the furry came out that they were a zoophile. The troll made a screenshot of the comment and made a YouTube video. Two other trolls picked up on it, if I remember right, and made a vids of their own. Wolfeedarkfang made a Youtube bulletin asking to flag the three users so YT would ban them. That really was the igniter of the flame war you see today. The trolls say they were suspicious to why he would defend a zoophile. Trolls say they Googled Wolfeedarkfang and found an account on a bestiality website by the name of Wolfeedarkfang, registered in 2005. Wolfee says it's a troll account, and that the trolls time hacked the webite to frame him. It had a snowball effect that lasted for I don't know how long. As you see, this has nothing to do with what happened back in late 2007. You have to remeber it's a flame war about wolfeedarkfang; not about furries. --FoxyMicFox9.0 05:03, 17 January 2009 (UTC)
New Furry War
- BTW."removing section, dates cannot be verified" And you can not verify that the same war is still going on. This article shouldn't even be here imo. It's a documentation of drama that happened over a year ago. I guess we got to compete with Encyclopedia Dramatica. *rolls eyes* --FoxyMicFox9.0 05:15, 17 January 2009 (UTC)
I am now contesting the current information pertaining to this topic.--Jammingthefates 06:29, 3 September 2009 (UTC)
I had a feeling that the recent edit would pertain to the quote, unquote Furry War II. As I requested before (see above), I wished to debate with the contributors about this article. More specifically, the recent drama and about this latest spark that supposedly started a new war on YouTube. My debacle is quite simple: How is this memorandum from two furries, who complain about the trolls and seek to take matters into their own hands, anything related to news or even attention-worthy of creating a new section on the YouTube Furry War article at all? I have observed both sides of the battlefield for quite a long time now, and some of the information placed in this article is nothing even close towards what is really going on. Also, someone please tell me how there is all of a sudden a second Furry War?--Jammingthefates 00:10, 6 September 2009 (UTC)
- Since I have failed to get a response back from anyone who would have wanted to butt heads with me pertaining to the disputed topic (specifically, section) at hand, I have completely blanked the Furry War II section of this article. It is quite self-evident that this poorly designed propaganda, designed to attract the masses of readers who may have such hatred for trolls, is a desperate attempt to recruit furries for a lost and time-consuming cause. Additionally, I fail to see any neutrality in the section as it attempts to portray the furries as an oppressed bunch of individuals who require a messiah to guide them towards safety and the trolls as just the stereotypical dumb, deaf, and blind basement dwellers who type insults at the computer for no reason at all. I do not wish to see this article become another hidden haven for incoming trolls who wish to implant themselves here and cause an uproar to not only the furries but to the fandom as well. If an undoing takes place, please reply back to this discussion with the reason why such an action was warranted.--Jammingthefates 11:09, 19 September 2009 (UTC)
Hey this is elementemblem412 from the article. me and MrD are really stoked someone took notice to our work and we are hoping we can get rid of those freedom hating trolls and we are taking a big hit to defend your rights as people to be who they wanna be my link is http://www.youtube.com/user/elementemblem412 you can talk to me further on there and here is MrD's link http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisambiguation
- Freedom hating trolls? No wonder why this article has sunk to its lowest: There's a bunch of butthurt furries out there that still take trolls that much seriously. Congratulations on accomplishing absolutely nothing and for propagating the YouTube Furry War article for your own selfish needs.--Jammingthefates 01:23, 19 September 2009 (UTC)
You dont know what we are doing its between us and we are doing a good deed here in defending furry rights so dont get the wrong idea. and i just took notice to what someone said about our work on here and if you read im just a supporter i dont want to start an argument on here unless you are a troll.
- I'm no troll, but I take offensive to what you and others are attempting to do. The furries do not need another collective or junta to defend the fandom from people that beg for attention and nothing more. I should be also stating that you are also violating Wikifur's neutrality standards, by repeating once more that this article should not be for propagating or raising awareness about your little merry group of daydreaming children that think ridiculously (seriously, "furry rights"?). Stop this at once, and leave the article cleanup to people who can actually help portray this so-called War in a neutral stance so that we won't have any more bias.--Jammingthefates 01:32, 19 September 2009 (UTC)
Speaking of Encyclopaedia Dramatica, they have an entirely different take on "the war" and consider the Wolfee situation to be part of it. However I am highly reluctant to use Encyclopaedia Dramatica for research as I do not trust them when it comes to furry matters (or any matters) and the article is edited by trolls. If you are a user of Encyclopaedia Dramatica then you can discuss it there.
I'm still pretty sure that the war didn't end beacuse of the Scientology campaign, that didn't start until 2008. I'm removing that part, but I'll leave the rest in.
I agree with you about this article, it should be merged into the main YouTube article and a section should be added about the Wolfee situation. By the way, I checked the archive of one of Wolfee's secret vigilante forums (at furryops.patrioticnigras.org), and I was wrong about their tactics. No forum users ever mentioned pizza deliveries. The idea for planting child porn was Furgryphon/Kathera Lockhart's. 18.104.22.168 23:24, 19 January 2009 (UTC)
Removed "Furry War 2" Garbage
I took out blatant propaganda posted by two morons looking for attention by "battling" run of the mill trolls over a non happenstance. If someone has a good reason the barely heard of, almost non active "furry war 2" needs to be discussed, please elaborate. --Paxilrose 16:14, 5 November 2009 (UTC)
I just wont to note tat Paxil Rose is a YouTube Troll who has been the archeenemy of wolfee darkfang for 2 years and will not put things to rest. Anything he adds to this wiki is going to be to slander me. Non of which is truthful information.
--wolfeedarkfang 22:33, 5 November 2009 (UTC)
- haha, way to go. Not only is that not relevant to what's being talked about, but it seems you just had to take the opportunity to cry "persecution!" anywhere you could.
Tell it to the citations, Darkfang.----Paxilrose 01:18, 7 November 2009 (UTC)
Looks like Furry War 2 krept back into the picture in the form of the section entitled "2010" This sectioned was rephrased to eliminate opinionated statements--Tamiasthechipmunk 05:21, 25 April 2010 (UTC)
The War is Not Ongoing
wtf? The war is not still going on. Sure, there's still trolling, but that's the normal amount furies receive ANYWHERE. If you think the war is still going on, you really need new insights on what qualifies as a "troll war" Equivamp 20:25, 27 April 2011 (EDT)