Talk:Yoink! of the Yukon
Earlier today I reverted an edit in which the species of Cadet Yoink had been changed from "canine" to "animal". I subsequently received the following e-mail:
- Greetings. I have a fond, if somewhat vague, memory of the anthropomomorphic cartoon animal 'Yoink' who appeared in the animated short: "Yoink of the Yukon".
- My recollection gives me every indication that this particular cartoon animal was of musteline, not canine, design. I am curios to know if you have any visual or verbal information which would clarify the biogenetic origins of said stylized organism.
Can anyone who remembers this cartoon throw in their recollection? If someone can shed some light on this point, it would be much appreciated. --mwalimu 23:00, 4 April 2006 (UTC)
- Found video at YouTube, Yoink seems to be a dog. --EarthFurst 09:06, 6 August 2007 (UTC)
- I looked too. The only thing that appeared was the "What a Cartoon!" show logo. But if I can get some time to look, I can probably get a snapshot of it off a Scooby Doo tape.. But that might be questionable practice. The only time I saw this particular episode outside of Cartoon Network was in releases of Scooby Doo episodes and full feature animated movies. Each particular title has a different mini-feature (every copy of "Scooby Doo on Zombie Island" for example would carry the same mini-feature) on it from the "What a Cartoon!" show. --Markus 02:05, 7 April 2006 (UTC)
- I just tried to get a cap. Unfortunately, digital camera + VHS tape played on non-LCD screen = blurry unacceptable sheen of a white square. >_> So unless I can get a DVD of it.. I won't be able to get a screencap. ----Markus(talk) 08:11, 13 April 2006 (UTC)
I added a section on voice credits for this show. Rob Paulsen was a guest at Anthrocon, though I don't think he specifically mentioned the character of Yoink on his panels. -- wxkat, 14 November 2007
What kind of animal is Yoink? --18.104.22.168 14:10, 18 August 2012 (EDT)