Talk:Timeline of conventions by attendance
We've had a couple of attempts now to add a section for the current year while the year was still in progress. My thinking was that the current year should not be added until the end of the year when all the results are in, so to speak. But this is a wiki where no one owns the articles and it's the consensus of the community that matters. So what do the rest of y'all think? Include the year in progress or add it at the end? --mwalimu 17:14, 5 April 2011 (CEST)
- I think that an overall principle of 'The more information, the better' is what I'd go by. Perhaps a note about 'This year is still in progress'.. for the people who don't know that we're only part-way through 2011. :) Chiaroscuro
Cutoff numbers for inclusion in the 'Serial Year' section that I used were: 300 First Year, 500 Second Year, 600 Third Year, 700 Fourth and Fifth years. I think those are pretty good numbers to keep to for the time being; keeps that section limited to what most folks are interested in. Chiaroscuro
- I suspect FC might not keep its position at the top of Year 4 in 2012 . . . --GreenReaper(talk) 00:33, 24 May 2011 (EDT)
- Based on the trends, Furry Fiesta could exceed FC's Year 4 numbers. Then again, convention registration numbers can plateau and grow slowly at times, so it's not at all certain.. but interestign to keep track of, thus this section. Chiaroscuro
No objection to that. It really fits in either space. *shrug* Chiaroscuro
- I remember having trouble deciding what to call the article when I created the first version of it. If there's a consensus on a better title, I'll go along with it. --mwalimu 11:52, 8 July 2011 (EDT)
MiDFur - special case?
For the purpose of "timeline of conventions" articles, should we handle MiDFur Jan. 2012 as a special case by treating it as if it were a 2011 convention? The previous occurrence of MiDFur was in Dec. 2010 and the next occurrence will be in Dec. 2012 (with plans to have it in Dec. in subsequent years), so on a strictly calendar year basis it skipped 2011 and is occurring twice in 2012. --mwalimu 15:13, 6 January 2012 (EST)
- I think it's quite fair to list it in 2011, with an asterisk-notation. --Chiaroscuro
- I'd be OK with that, too. It's basically the 2011 event, delayed. --GreenReaper(talk) 11:49, 18 January 2012 (EST)
I made a slight mistake last night when adding 2013 for this years cons, I used == instead of ===, which I just fixed -- Kusanagi-sama 14:02, 25 February 2013 (EST)
FurryPinas 2018 (Philippines)
FurryPinas, the largest furry convention in Asia, had 1,542 attendees in its debut year in 2018. Shouldn't that be listed as the top convention for the first year over all the U.S. ones?