Last edit (September 9, 2015)
Could I have a clearer explanation for the latest edit by Spirou?
Why was the infobox removed? This is a page about a person after all so why wouldn't an infobox for a person page be appropriate? The page layout was similar GreenReaper's and thus I see no reason it wouldn't be acceptable.
Which edits and reasons and deletion of 2016 paragraph.
Hi, Timmy, in case you may ask, I will go ahead and explain the the further edits. The Biggest One: The 2016 convention attendance. As a rule, future personal events (attendance, projects, arts, suits, change of jobs, etc,...) are normally not allowed on articles (too far to make it a set fact). Yes, future cons have articles, is there is enough inertia pushing these events (an attendance can be cancelled from today until next year, new cons are like oil tankers that take a lot of crew and organization to keep moving, and not easily dismissible as a future event [it has happened, thou]).
Other edits included moving Fursona data from fandom involvement to the pertinent section, creating a fursuit section, plus/minus internal, external and [[Wikipedia links, plus future (red) links, move imperial data in front of metrics (US and all), an a few others (condense paragraphs, minus duplicates, format the reference links [external], minus double links, mostly on the external refs links, etc). - Hope everything has been accounted for, any edit mistakes can be edited again (Wiki et al). - Spirou (talk) 00:16, 11 September 2015 (EDT)
- Alright. There's a few mostly minor details I found worth noting, none that I'm necessarily uncertain about but rather to just clarify my reasoning;
- - The fursona name is pretty much almost always stylized as Feral 'Timmy' Fox due to the reason that the "Feral" naming is almost never used outside formal context and to differentiate between the actor and character. In everyday usage he is almost exclusively referred to as "Timmy Fox" just like his player even though formally that is only his nickname. Consider it like a legal nickname or say a middle name that is used in place of the first name and is, again, how it's written on his reference sheet.
- - Measurements; Is there a specific rule for the which system to be used? Because all his measurements are defined using the metric system because that is the system I primarily use, with imperial measurements added for convenience. I noted however that you switched this to first show the imperial measurements and then the metric ones after.
- - Finally, the top image with a transparent background. Is there a reason this can't be frameless? The Furry Book of Style says that it may be appropriate to place a picture without a frame, especially if it has a white background.
- If you wish to keep your fursona's name that way, there is nothing wrong with it. It's not common, but it's ok if you wish it to be so.
- Well. This Wikifur is more or less the American English Wiki. Months come before the date, and all units are imperial, but since we are one (and the only first World country superpower to do so) of three countries left using it (along with Burma and Liberia), we strive to show the metric equivalent for any visitor or reader for the rest of the world. So, yes, Imperial will come first, followed by metric.
- Character/user/fursona images are always framed via "thumb", and needed to be so for media information mostly: who, location, what, art by, etc... The only images that are borderless are logos. There are a few exceptions, like old logos with a frame to indicate such ("Old FA logo circa 199X"). - Spirou (talk) 04:40, 11 September 2015 (EDT)