I am reverting this page back to the previous version. I see that the last edits, including the excluded template came from 22.214.171.124, which resolves to a Comcast customer in Washington. I know for a fact that Tigerwolf lives in Ohio and runs his own ISP, tigerden.com. That makes it unlikely that he'd be using another ISP from another part of the country. I also know that the Tigerwolf Who Isn't Tigerwolf (http://www.livejournal.com/users/unclekage/2478.html) lives (or used to live) in Washington state. Together, these two things make me question the legitimacy of the edits from 126.96.36.199.
On a related note, for the benefit of the admins, Tigerwolf's email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. He does NOT use IM or ICQ, nor does he have a LiveJournal. The only MUCKs he is on are FurryMUCK and TigerMUCK. Anyone who receives communication from someone else claiming to be him not using one of the above methods should treat such communication with skepticism. --Dmuth
- This page has been again reverted to protected status. In the event that it is reverted again to the prior harassing stage that it was at, the admin of Wikicities will be contacted, and not only will it be requested that the page be locked, but that the community be severely penalized for harassment.
- Consider this your one and only warning, Muth.
- Thank you for your input in the matter. Blanking an entire page is not acceptable here on WikiFur. If you have an issue with part of the page, please tell us which parts are harassing and we will remove them. Thanks. --Dmuth 02:26, 22 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- Angela, this guy has a history of impersonating the real Tigerwolf and causing problems while doing so. Him trying to get this page blanked is just another attempt by him to do that. I strongly object to the blanking of this page. --Dmuth 03:47, 22 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- I have never once claimed to be George F Nemeyer Jr, Mr Muth, and I would very much appreciate that you discontinue the libelous statements about my person. Thank you. -- Tiger Wolf
- Disambig should clear things up, however any suggestions Dmuth on how to tell them apart? 'Tigerwolf, retired major, Anthrocon board member' and.. 'Tigerwolf er.. other'? o_o; However, other than the standard disambig template, there shouldn't be any kind of disclaimer on any page. --Nidonocu - talk 04:02, 22 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- Actually, I'm not sure that George wants his real name used in conjunction with the fandom or this Wiki. Since the first Tigerwolf (George) runs tigerden.com and tigerwolf.com, maybe we could list him as "Tigerwolf (tigerwolf.com)" and the second as "Tigerwolf (Other)". --Dmuth 04:09, 22 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- Sounds good, maybe Tigerwolf (tigerwolf.com administrator) though, as otherwise it might be thought to be an article about the site, not the person. I've got a train to catch tomorrow so, I leave people to cleanup. ;) --Nidonocu - talk 04:11, 22 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- PS: I suggest checking Tengu as the base for this page's disambig layout. List rather than sentence based.
"though, as otherwise it might be thought to be an article about the site, not the person,"... That was the first impression I got. Is there another, cleaner way to identify him?. The "Other" person is definitely a fan (Maybe "Tigerwolf (Fan) for him?).
As for Tigerwolf: Tigerwolf (Admin)?, Tigerwolf (USAF)?, Tigerwolf (ConCom)?, Tigerwolf (Con staffer)?,... Spirou 06:59, 22 Dec 2005 (UTC)