Talk:The Golden Lash
Hello, Sayai_Wolff here, just wanting to let the Wikifur staff know ahead of time that I will be editing the entry for the Golden Lash on and off over the next month or so as we continue to fine tune the lash itself. Please do not be alarmed and simply allow my corrections to stand. Thanks a million, Sayai
Sayai Wolff 11:09, 25 December 2006 (UTC)
- That's cool. If you haven't already, we recommend reading through The Furry Book of Style for tips in formatting. Also, just a heads up, contributions made to the wiki may be re-edited quite a bit, usually for clarity, brevity, or NPOVness.
- If you have any questions, feel free to reply on this page or contact any administrator directly. --Douglas Muth 19:19, 25 December 2006 (UTC)
Don't you F***tards get it? I no longer want to have anything to do with this site, and that includes my character and his name.
'Note that you cannot retract this license. You can, of course, edit an article to alter or remove your work if you do not want it there anymore, but you cannot stop someone reinstating it...'
Yes, you can keep re-instating me all you want but I will continue to excercize my right to delete it because I no longer want it there. Please don't let this situation get any uglier than it has because I will excersize my right to remove the golden lash from entry as well.
Do you people REALLY want to make this a federal case? I can AND will turn this into a huge lawsuit that I may or may not win; the bottom line being a massive headache for the administration of this site. Remove my page COMPLETELY from the web site IMMEADIATELY or the owners of this website are going to be looking down the barrel of a huge legal nightmare that can easily be avoided by respecting my wishes. This also goes double for the entry on the Golden lash. Remove them now before I have a judge MAKE you remove them. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) .
- You do not have the rights you claim. You did not write the articles, and we are free to do so and to publish our work as long as we do not defame you or any other person, just as anyone is free to review, describe or critique any group or location. It's called free speech. As noted elsewhere, we do offer a request to decline coverage of personal information in WikiFur for individuals, but you must do so through a mechanism that proves you are who you say you are, and it will not apply to the inclusion of your name here (as it is naturally public information that you own the club). --GreenReaper(talk) 11:54, 9 January 2007 (UTC)
- Please do not make legal threats on this Wiki. It causes bad feelings and inhibits our ability to assume good faith on your part. By making legal threats, you may damage your reputation on this Wiki. --Douglas Muth 15:12, 9 January 2007 (UTC)
*Sigh* Very well, you win. I give up, I can never win. I should know by now that being the boss means I never get what I want, people never listen to me, they always treat me like a door mat, and I always end up public enemy number one. Alright, go ahead and unlock the damn thing so I can update it for you. The current entry is so fricken' out of date it's not even funny. Ket, my staff coder, has been running me ragged, and there's a list of about thirty different updates done in the past month that should be reflected on the page. If you guys insist on displaying the page for the Golden Lash, at the very least you can help to make sure it's accurate. Same goes for my info page. Unlock that one as well, and I'll see about working on that later on.
I just hope we can get around this without too much friction and although I still feel in the wrong here, I will bare no feelings of malice or ill will, and will bury my first instinctual reaction to start bitching about this wiki to the dozens (more like hundreds) of furs I know on taps. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs) .
Okay, please unlock now. If you won't take it down, I'm going to make DAMN sure you yahoos are not misrepresenting me or my club and I'm going to nitpick the hell out of it until every last speck in that file is correct. Also, please do not be alarmed or panicked when I begin to upload huge chunks of data that the previous owner forgot about. All factual, all relevant, and all pertaining to the club. Just do me a small favor if you can and excuse my previous behaivour, I've been trying to untangle the massive clusterfuck left behind by the previous owner, plus, my coder went apeshit two days ago over her thankless job and had a meltdown. Two many things going on right now and just understand I have a habit of pissing off the local zone admins on any domain when I first visit. Please just bare with me and you might like me after awhile.
- Hey, it's cool. We're here for you. Any assistance you require will be rendered gladly by any member of this community. If you haven't already, why not check out The Furry Book of Style for tips in writing up your page. Don't forget contributions made to the wiki may be re-edited quite a bit, usually for clarity, brevity, or NPOVness. If you have any questions, feel free to reply on this page or contact any administrator directly. --Kendricks Redtail 21:10, 9 January 2007 (UTC)
Yikes! Whoever wrote this had a good overall approach but NO eye for detail, plua, whoever proof read it needs to be fired, then rehired at severly reduced pay. ;P *Slurps all then bounds off* More editing later. I ain't even tipped this iceberg yet... --—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Sayai_Wolff (talk • contribs) 00:44, 10 January 2007.
(HOLY SH*T!!!, he's back! Quick, hide the condoms, the pudding, the power tools, and the thermite explosives!!!)
Hey all, just a quick heads up. Things are a bit fubar ATM with lash ownership and White trying to straighten out public building code. The transfer wasn't done to wiz specs so the mouse and I have to dance for the next six months to get it all straightened out. Gonna write and entry for the main page when I get a chance to pull away from the RL monster, but thought I should let ya all know what's coming now. BTW, is the radio DNS entry at the bottom a broken link or does my ISP just blow? --—The preceding unsigned comment was added by User:18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) 05:48, 4 April 2007.
- The link for it appears to be down because the computer that it links to is not running the service. No idea whether or not that's a permanent situation. --GreenReaper(talk) 14:32, 4 April 2007 (UTC)
Created a history section since the ownership of the place has bounced around again, and it's (IMHO) detracting from the initial description of the place. Also added some dates. (I can't find the original create date for the place, though.) The second paragraph is probably inaccurate at this point. I think I'll ask the current owner to come take a look at it for accuracy. -WhiteFire 15:42, 4 April 2007 (UTC)
"Currently" and rules
There are several instances of "currently" in this article; they need to be replaced with "as of" the appropriate date (going back through the edit history should provide that, if there is no easier route to the information). Also, the rules section seems to be a full description (quotation?) of the rules, which seems excessive for an article, and of course anything that is a quotation should be noted as such. -- Sine 05:24, 9 July 2007 (UTC)