Why was this marked POV?
I see that this article was marked POV, with the comment about "SA hatred", but I have been unable to find anything that appears to be POV. Can anyone enlighten us to what parts of the article should be changed?
- Since this has not been clarified, I removed the tag.
- Works for me. And welcome to WikiFur, BTW. Thanks for you recent edits. Please let us know if you have any questions. --Dmuth 05:39, 27 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- Several sections of the article gives the impression of SA as an evil website filled with spamming warlords bent on spamming every furry website out there. Expressions such as "fell prey to" are rampant. --Imp 15:32, 29 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- So fix it! :-) You might want to provide evidence that they are, in fact, not an evil website filled with spamming warlords beng on spamming every furry website out there, though, as (right or not) that is the opinion of it shared by a large proportion of the furry fandom. --GreenReaper(talk) 15:39, 29 Dec 2005 (UTC)
20% of SA goons being furries
I rolled back the change to the article about 20% of Goons being furries as "much, much too large" as no sources were cited. I think that the phrase "seems too large" is more accurate, given no hard statistics (that I know of). --Dmuth 00:45, 9 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- SA users will of course dispute this figure, but I heard it from a furry goon, and as he would know the nature of SA better than anyone I don't see why he would make it SUPER HUGE as the anon claims. It does seem kinda big, I dunno. Shii 04:54, 23 January 2006 (UTC)
But SA hates Mix
But SA goons hate Mix; It's true. So do most furries. Really. I don't think you can be banned from the forums and harassed out of SA and still consider yourself a part of SA, regardless how many wikis you edit and how many stupid pranks you pull. --the Shrike 06:32, 9 March 2006 (UTC)
"I'm editing this thread and removing all of the things I previousley said about MIx, because since then he an I have gotten to know one another, and I can honestly say that the first impressions I had about him were 100% wrong. I now know where he comes from when he requests certain things, and actually kinda agree with him.
So nevermind." ~Banrai, thread starter for Shrike's linked post.
- Mix reverted the above edit with the statement "No evidence. I deny it. I have full access to SA." --GreenReaper(talk) 08:39, 9 March 2006 (UTC)
- Mix denies his involvement with the site...
- So shall we change this to reflect the truth? Mix has been banned from SA, but he keeps paying his :tenbux: because he really really wants to be Internets tough guy? From the slapfest over here and my brief meeting with him I'd assume he's using WikiFur as a platform for a popularity contest. The cool prankster who the SA kids look up to and a kind, sensitive friend to furries... maybe we should get word from Verix et al before we accept Mix's showboating as truth. --the Shrike 16:50, 9 March 2006 (UTC)
- While I wouldn't be surprised if he got kicked from SA's forums, does anyone have any screen captures or similar that can be shared? (Because it's good to have all of our ducks in a line here) --Dmuth 17:12, 9 March 2006 (UTC)
- He's not permanently banned - 'he keeps paying his :tenbux:' to return - and I forget the date and reason anyway. He's admitted he was at least banned, though the fact he's just slightly more popular than JJCoolJ doesn't enter into the argument. --the Shrike 01:21, 10 March 2006 (UTC)
I reverted a change by Mix in which he attempted to delete this section. The comment he left was This section serves no purpose, and is untrue. i do not need to prove my membership to the site. Provide research and results if you think I'm still banned. --Dmuth 19:00, 9 March 2006 (UTC)
Rumours halt here: Thread created Feb 23rd by me. My previous ban was an 'autoban' for posting a thread with the same title as a previous one. I was put on probation for 2 days once for a racial comment that I made. That's my history.
Now, since there is no point to this section anymore, i suggest take it down. Your 'breif meeting' with me, needs improving by actually getting to know me, Shrike. You are going off rumours which are not needed here or against me in general. "But SA goons hate Mix. It's true. So do most furries." I've proven myself on one occasion here, now you prove that statement. I say it's untrue.
- As Dmuth explained on your talk page. The removing of discussion on a talk page is considered incorrect behaviour for a wiki, regardless of the outcome. All conversation is simply archived to a sub page when main page is full. --Nidonocu - talk 23:41, 9 March 2006 (UTC)
Sorry Duncan, but I'll keep it at this title untill Shrike, or even you can prove otherwise, that 'SA goons and 'most' furries hate' me.
It's untrue, unproven, biased, and very offensive to me and my rep.
Else, i can just do the same and start one here about you as just.
1 2 3 4 Mix declares a wiki war - Well, let's get a solid argument. Explain this quote: So please, for alls sake, please please take this off. It is not needed. I am not a goon. I don't even like the site anymore because of what has happened in me losing almost all my old friends because they think I'm out to get them... This in September. And right now he denies involvement with SA. DESPITE THE NIGGLING DETAILS that he's prancing about furcons pretending to be from SA, adding himself to pages ABOUT SA, and posting on the SA forums. Now if the 2004 presidential elections taught us anything about waffling, uh.
Do SA goons hate Mix? More than a few, but I'm stopping short of posting a poll on the forums - you'd all know my sekrit goon identity! Do furries hate Mix? See my footnote on the original comment. Pretty much every artist who's worked with Mix has written off ever trying again. But now you want proof? On the internet? Let's get a second SAFur's opinion in here.
Mix's pages are so heavily whitewashed^H^H^H edited and, uh, basically fallacious and fellatious statements propping up his reputation in the fandom... well, no one considers the place credible anyway, so keep firing, wankers! -the Shrike 01:21, 10 March 2006 (UTC)
My denial rests in being a douche. I prove you wrong, yet you still ramble on? I am not 'involved' with SA, meaning whatever that does, yet I can post because I am not a drama-causing whore, seen as yourself here, trying to start something. I haven't added any pages to the SA wiki, merely only fixed up a section about me, that was not created by me. Sorry, but Banrai doesn't hate me, and your 'every artists' is flawed as well; only 2 people (Graffix, RQ) out of 6.5 billion have blacklisted me for their own stubborn or prude reasons. And I will send out my most sincere apollogy to them when I feel the time comes to reunite a friendship. What is 'niggling', btw? Spellcheck?
Seriously, when will he realize that he's no better than JJcoolJ? The only reason he isn't permabanned from SA is that he doesn't post as much: he's a horrible poster there. He's also universally hated by furries, which isn't bad in and of itself. But what he doesn't realize is that there's nothing cool about being universally hated by furries if everyone else hates you too.
He's in the furry fandom because it's the one place he can possibly make friends, but then he insists on being an idiot and rationalizing it with the stupid "lol furries lol something awful dot com" bullshit. There are a few people I worry are just hopeless, and Mix is one of them." -Xarai, http://www.crushyiffdestroy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=46859#46859
I believe Mix's drama would be better documented in his own article or user page. The AC05 incident was not sponsored or endorsed by SA. Though he is attempting to prove himself to the goons, he has claimed he is not one and has no affiliation with Something Awful. As such, his story and photo do not seem relevant to this article. A brief explanation and a link to Mix's article may better serve this wiki.
WOW MAN! YOU ARE FUCKING LAME!!! SHALL WE TOUCH BACK ON HOW I WASN'T PERMABANNED? ON HOW MY RECENT THREAD 'IS' POPULAR? HOW MY NAME ISN'T 'tiberiusfox'?
Get a grip. "OMG I MUST START MIX-RELATED DRAMA ON A TALK PAGE!!!" is *yawn* boring...
I must be popular, omg... I don't care. Now I'm off to go celebrate St. Patty's day by sipping on some coconut rum... *grins*
- Yeah bro... you haven't showed any decent evidence since I arrived here to defend your stupid claims, and I've thrown down every one of yours with exact proof. Heh, I don't give a shit wether I'm popular or not, you're ranting is just increasing my publicity, fool.
- Shrike: It's hard to see how any forum such as Something Awful could "sponsor or endorse" any action unless the administrators were behind it. The thing is that such actions have simply come to be expected from members of Something Awful. There is a significant minority who thinks it is a great idea to make fun of the furry fandom and disrupt activities. Such disruptions are going to be noted on this page, as they are relevant to the furry fandom's current view of Something Awful. You can (and should) say that they don't reflect the official view of the forum all you want, but ultimately people wouldn't do them if they didn't think it would make them look cool in the eyes of SA. When they happen and continue to happen, we take notice - and record it.
- Mix: Calling people "fucking lame" just makes you look silly, and makes WikiFur a less nice place to be. Don't do it. Discuss things civiliy, or not at all. As for not caring about your popularity, I personally doubt that, otherwise you probably wouldn't have bothered to respond in the first place. Assuming that you do care, the best way to improve it would be to avoid doing things trying to impress one particular group at the expense of another. After all, how much is the approval of a group worth, anyway, when their main claim to fame is that their forum members can (try to) mess up your website?
- 'My dignity' and 'my popularity' are different terms. He was making personal attacks, even through AIM. ~Mix.
- What happens in AIM really isn't our concern, nor does it justify making personal attacks here.
- Most IM clients do have this feature called "ignore" that can be used to screen out messages from people you don't want to talk to. If someone is causing you problems, I'd suggest using it. --Dmuth 20:37, 20 March 2006 (UTC)
- When 'they' are clients/users originating from this site, starting rumours/drama here, then persuing it in more direct manners, and you mods/admins don't give a shit and just shrug it off as my problem, well... IT IS YOUR CONCERN! Damn, how inconsiderate can your statement and actions be?! Someone attacks me, originating from your moderation here, and you don't care? Wow... I'll remember that...
- I'm not concerned, about that, no. "Originating from our moderation"? The only moderation I seem to remember doing was stopping you from editing other people's words. It is most definitely not our problem if you are unable to ignore people who have nothing better to do than slag you off on talk pages, except that you keep coming back to respond to them, and then I have to help clean up the mess.
- My concern for you is of a problem that does not start with WikiFur, or AIM, but with a group of people who have realised that you always respond, that you always try to come back to their taunts. Try to understand: the actions that you take while doing so merely lead to increasing the number of people who dislike you enough to join in next time. I would strongly suggest that you learn that it is not worth your time to respond, here or anywhere, and break that cycle. If dignity and respect is what you crave, try achieving it through great works rather than great arguments. :-) --GreenReaper(talk) 03:41, 21 March 2006 (UTC)
- I think I missed the memo about how we are responsible for things people do on places other than WikiFur. Or even how we are responsible for them on WikiFur, for that matter. Please clarify for me how I am personaly responsible for what random people do in AIM? --Dmuth 15:22, 21 March 2006 (UTC)
- I assume this is over the chat log posted at User talk:ShrikeWolf. I am not, and do not know, 'Jaguars'. Banrai and I met through CYD, but we haven't spoken over the matter, so I really don't follow what her involvement is. Anyway, what the mods decide goes, I've said my part. --the Shrike 19:29, 31 March 2006 (UTC)
- Everyone in this thread: Please read this policy, and act on it. If you want to talk trash about people, please use another venue. WikiFur is not here for that purpose. --GreenReaper(talk) 23:13, 18 March 2006 (UTC)
Reverted content 3/10
I reverted out the following content, which had been added by User:188.8.131.52. Feel free to discuss whether any or all of it might be appropriate to keep, but at a minimum it had been added to the wrong section of the article.
- "Lucifer posted: 'When did the forums become so pussified? SA was practically built on irrational hatred.'
- If that's what you honestly believe "SA was practically built on," then you really lack basic reading comprehension. It's a humor site, not a hate site, and if you can't distinguish between the two then you've got issues.
- As for furries: it was never "trendy" to bash on them and it was never not trendy to bash on them. All I know is that the forums have an ability to take something funny and run it into the ground at times, which is what happened with the furry hate. It was amusing at first, but then people seemed to begin obsessing over them, at which point it stopped being funny. I don't care what you guys hate or don't hate, just as long as the forums don't become one central hub dedicated to griping about that one thing nonstop.
- And, for the record, I don't "hate" furries. I find them highly amusing in a "man these people are psychologically disturbed" way, but I honestly don't care about them one way or another." ~Lowtax
--mwalimu 18:15, 10 March 2006 (UTC)