Older conversations have been archived. Please view the links on the right review old threads.
It was pointed out to me on the chat, and I have to agree, that this article seems to of had its NPOV distorted some what since its original staring as a featured article. Possibly over time and with just little micro-edits the article seems to of turned in to something which seems to get an almost daily blanking. In concentrating on the Furry related events to SA, the article appears biased. I think if we reworded and reworked the article to list a few more of the general non-furry related positive things (I'm sure there are some ;) ) it might make people less prone to wipe it even if it goes a little out of our normal subject remit. Thoughts anyone? --Nidonocu - talk 16:48, 25 April 2006 (UTC)
- By the chat, I'm assuming you mean #wikia. Just clarifying for anyone who might later come on and not know what we're talking about. Bastique 16:57, 25 April 2006 (UTC)
- General non-furry related positive things? There was the (attempted) Hurricane Katrina relief fund - $30,000 before PayPal hijacked the charity. $22,000 for body armor sent to US troops in Iraq. $6,000 for children with terminal illnesses. Those are the big ones with dollar values attached. Most of the NPOV-diversion is probably due to committed journaling of groups and individuals with no official connection to SA - terminally unfunny SALJers and other mouthbreathers who think taunting the furries is their ticket to e-stardom in the SA Forums. Not every catchphrase screaming attentionwhore with :10bux: is a member of SA community. --the Shrike 19:38, 25 April 2006 (UTC)
- I assume you're misquoting the quote from GreenReaper. My personal thoughts on whether it belongs in that page or not aside (for unrelated reasons), it is still a quote, and its POV/NPOV status does not necessarily matter. KaloFoxfire 21:56, 26 April 2006 (UTC)
- It's still media. Equivamp 15:07, 29 April 2011 (EDT)
Request for deletion of Anthrocon_2005
I would like to request for deletion and removal of this article that I wrote. Seems to be more troublesome than it's worth. I was not a part of SA for doing it, I just wore a T-shirt out of fun because I liked the website, and I was new to this fandom as well at the time, and I do not wish to be part of it anymore. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Mix (talk • contribs) 01:24, 29 August 2007 .
My personal belief is that all it is, is people with nothing better to do then to make fun of something they them selves dont understand. Its almost just the same as the run-of-the-mill gay basher. People like that have no idea what it is, are threatend by it and therefore have to cause a huge issue which causes harm and hurt to those of that people. Really people like that view them selves as self conscious and therefore to make them feel better, must make fun of those people. Thats my two cents,
- It seems you don't understand SA, and should follow your own advice.
- Also: "threatened" :eng101: —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) 01:59, 21 June 2008