ty for including the image credits guys!!! really good Sexydog
Is it necessary to add some information about other characters of "World of Vilous" story? Shinbou 09:18, 9 October 2008 (UTC)
Why is there non-canon (IE Ash Sergals) listed on the official Wikifur page? I don't mean to sound too snobbish but that should be under a subsection titled "Non-canon". ILoveWario (talk) 00:33, 21 July 2015 (EDT)
Wasn't the species first introduced in Second Life??? --184.108.40.206 19:43, 30 June 2017 (EDT)
Assuming the pronunciation is /ˈsɜɹ.ɡəl/
Suggested translations could be:
Serbian: Сергал / Sergal
Swedish: Sörgal / Sörgall
Liggliluff (talk) 15:12, 21 May 2017 (EDT)
- Ответ отрицательный. По русски это звучит – не сЁргал, а – сЕргал! Где вы только взяли такое слово... Поэтому ставлю под сомнения другие переводы. SHREW 17:59, 1 June 2017 (EDT)
- Negative. In Russian it sounds - did not сЁргал, but - сЕргал! Where you just took this word ... Therefore, I cast doubts on other translations. SHREW 18:42, 1 June 2017 (EDT)
- Well, that's why these are ideas that can be expanded upon.
- The /ɜ/ sound is hard to transcribe in other languages. The Japanese (origin) pronunciation is /sa̠ːɡa̠ɾɯ̟ᵝ/, which is a bit easier to transcribe. Сагару, but it's much further away from the English pronunciation.
- Liggliluff (talk) 10:07, 23 February 2018 (EST)
"sergals as a whole have often been misunderstood as monstrously bestial" I think that's kind of insulting to artists who draw actual monsters. Monstrous means to be of the monster species line. It's never to be used as an insult, just as no animal name is. DonutBandit (talk) 17:06, 30 May 2019 (EDT)