Interstellar Shipping & Trading Co. article
- Moved from User talk:Brian vermin. The most pertinent place for a discussion about an article's deletion is its talk page. --GreenReaper(talk) 01:33, 14 October 2014 (EDT)
That was clearly an endearing article written by a friend who knows him well enough to write a WikiFur entry about him. But no one's gonna be able to weigh in or contest that because you outright deleted it without consensus. Did you even read it, or did you just see "Encyclopedia Dramatica user" and click the delete button? There were no attacks or "lulz" in it as you claimed, and including a little bit of controversy is common in furry articles. Brian vermin 23:33, 13 October 2014 (EDT)
- "That was clearly an endearing article". No that was a POV, heavily unreferenced, biased article. "you outright deleted it without consensus." There is consensus, and there is articles that are suspect right of the bat. "and including a little bit of controversy is common in furry articles..." No, it is not, they are the exception to the rule (this is not ED), and when it is, is furry related (which is strange, because you concentrated on his perceived ED administrator faults, but outright failed to mention the Lemonade Coyote angle.)
- "Admits to dealing with this issue of self-hatred by taking his anger out on other male furs."
- "He has engaged himself in drama often enough to result in an entire article being written about him on the website which documents the controversy he chose to participate in."
- "His personality while in character as Schnookums consists of utilizing an intrusive approach to others and following through with a passive aggressive response to personal attacks aimed at him."
- "He has been criticized several times for resorting to digging up and posting real life information about online opponents who manage to get under his skin when this passive aggressive method fails."'
- ...And this "endearing". Glad you were not mad at him. - Spirou (talk) 00:20, 14 October 2014 (EDT)
- Lol... your interpretation of friendship has no place in this discussion, so pls keep it out of here. And why did you delete my entry off of your talk page and republish it onto mine? I wasn't directing that message to myself, I was directing it to you. You also zeroed in on a few selected things here, making it seem like that's all the article contained, when in fact it was much more insightful than that.
- The part about his passive aggressive behavior is me defining his weasel fursona that he roleplays with. That's obviously furry related.
- If you saw it more fit to cover the Lemonade Coyote angle over his other online behavior, then why didn't you expand upon that instead of deleting the entire article?
- You seem to have a vendetta against ED (your falsified "malware" warning is a definite sign). That's fine, but be mature and keep it out of the subject at hand and respect other people's work. Clearly I'm new to writing here so you should be assisting me instead of jumping the gun, deleting my efforts, and accusing me of attacking people or intentionally violating any policies. Brian vermin (talk) 00:46, 14 October 2014 (EDT)
- "You seem to have a vendetta against ED". Curses, foiled again!. "your falsified "malware" warning is a definite sign": Enter ED link provided, run app: Sophos has detected a program that may compromise this device. Do you wish to launch the app scan now?.
- Here is the tl;dr: You created and padded the article with nonsensical, unverified fluff and padding to point out your perceived view that Interstellar Shipping & Trading Co. is not a good ED Admin. - Spirou (talk) 01:15, 14 October 2014 (EDT)
- Thank you, you just confirmed that you either didn't even read the entire article, or you have no understanding of my angle of it. Go check his talk page on ED, I told him he's a member of the family who needs to stick around because his presence was being missed. Nice try trying to continue painting me as a troll or an attacker, but your assumption was wrong, and this is where you should apologize so we can move on.
- Hopefully GR has more sense about the actual article and doesn't participate in the ever-growing attack against my character by his staff for trying to contribute to his wiki. You've been a rude staff member for basically telling me my writing style was terrible and unwelcome just because it wasn't of your taste, and attempting to label me as a troll or vandal just because I'm a member of ED. You've even successfully caused another user to see me in this negative light based on your words (see GR's talk page). Brian vermin (talk) 01:35, 14 October 2014 (EDT)
Well, now everyone can see it. My personal opinion? It's reasonable to have an article on this subject, given their involvement with furry fandom, and we should strive as editors to work content which is provided to us into a good article rather than delete it out of hand. That doesn't mean we need maintain alleged "attack material" on the article itself, but we should seek to maintain some article, by removing the questionable content for debate on the talk page. In this way, we have a usable article for the time being, and everyone can see what's going on. If there is literally nothing left after removing attack material, it may be reasonable to delete the article. If there is doubt about a contributor's good faith, that is a concern, but it need not preclude this process. --GreenReaper(talk) 01:44, 14 October 2014 (EDT)
- If keep, I just gave it a once over to make look like more an user article than an ED post. Took the article wide NPOV, but the ED section is still biased and heavily unreferenced, so added a section template. I would trust Curator (EDitor) Equivamp to fill in the gaps. Of course, it will be up to Interstellar Shipping & Trading Co. to make the final, pertinent changes to his (now) article. - Spirou (talk) 03:07, 14 October 2014 (EDT)
- I believe I'm finished contributing to it too at this point. I tried expanding the "clarify" sections and adding sources to where they were requested (see page history), but they kept getting edited over and removed, so I gave up on that. Some I'm admittedly unable to provide, for example, I didn't take a screenshot of the IRC chat where he publicly let everyone know he moved up north from Texas (that would be a little strange, wouldn't it?). Anyway, thanks to everyone who helped put it up to standards, I'm sure he'll be pleasantly surprised once he's able to pull himself away from World of Warcraft long enough to see it. :> Brian vermin (talk) 11:53, 14 October 2014 (EDT)
- Our articles are about people as well as their characters. If there is real-life information that you wish to remove, this is generally under the subject's control, absent a clear public interest argument. --GreenReaper(talk) 14:58, 28 October 2014 (EDT)
- It would be fun to expand the article about Schnookums but yeah I'm going to remove anything that I haven't publicly divulged because bluntly it remains unconfirmed. If anything it can be added to ED. EDIT: I'll search for citations, etc later. Interstellar Shipping & Trading Co. (talk) 15:03, 28 October 2014 (EDT)
- Right, I attempted to base it mainly off your Schnookums character, but most of it was ED-related and thus removed by Spirou (see page history). I understand why as per WikiFur rules/policy, I just wanted to pen out an entry for my best furpal was all. Brian vermin (talk) 11:50, 30 October 2014 (EDT)
- :> Vermin 10:20, 3 November 2014 (EST)