Okay, WHY the hell was my updated page deleted? I worked VERY hard on this page deep into the night and you...*deep breath* PEOPLE.....deleted it without warning or just cause. This is my own personal page and needs to reflect me and I fail to see how the mods have any right to dictate ANYTHING I say about myself.
If this is how the system admins are going to act in the future, I am more than likely to delete not only my character page, but the entire Golden Lash page (As is my right, I am the owner, and control ALL creative rights over the Golden Lash and any of its subsidiaries), as well, including every single link on there and simply move my clan elsewhere. I demand...no, not demand, I FEEL...like I deserve an explanation...and not just the typical BS runaround you give clueless noobs and whiney emo kids who don't know any better, but a REAL, HONEST answer without all the bull.
- Nothing has been deleted. All previous revisions are viewable by clicking the "history" tab at the top of the page. Contributions can be edited to make them in line with the goals of what we are trying to create. The instructions in the edit area clearly say "If you don't want your writing to be edited mercilessly and redistributed at will, then don't submit it here." --Rat 09:20, 8 January 2007 (UTC)
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm still tryin to learn my way around this site. Is there any way you can tell me who the Cock biting fucktard was that fucked with it to begin with? It doesn't matter, because I'm stubborn anyway and if they press that button to revert it a hundred times, then I'm gonna push that fuckin' button back A HUNDRED AND ONE TIMRS!!! *CACKLES*
Messing with the mentally unstable is the single most dangerous thing ANY furson can ever do. Whoever you are, if you really piss me off I WILL hunt you down and I WILL torture you slowly for weeks on end until you beg for death!!! I have my sources, I CAN find you...
*Just smiles like Brock Samson* It's on NOW motherfuckers!!! Poke all you want but if you don't stop constantly treading on my work, I'll see to it that whoever IS fucking around with me is PERMANENTLY banned from this site for harrasment. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) .
- Having your contributions edited by others is not harassment.
- I'd also like to point out that personal attacks are not allowed on WikiFur, and threats are right out. Continuing to do either may result in you being banned. My advice is to tone down your comments if you wish to continue participating here. --Douglas Muth 15:26, 8 January 2007 (UTC)
- After reviewing the edits in question, it appears to me that the content that has been added and reverted would be more suitable for Sayai's user page - User:Sayai_Wolff. The article Sayai Wolff is part of the main article space and as such is subject to the sitewide rules and guidelines about style and content and should generally present information in a straightforward, factual and neutral way, and anyone who can improve it is welcome to do so. A person's user page, on the other paw, is where users can say pretty much whatever they want to about themselves, including silliness if they so choose. --mwalimu 19:25, 8 January 2007 (UTC)
- This is not the appropriate place for "your work" because this is not "your page" - it is "the page about you, by everyone". Put simply, this page is not your MySpace page, nor is it your LiveJournal. Generally speaking, people are welcome to contribute to pages about themselves, but on an equal basis - others are free to change it if they feel your contributions are inappropriate, and you are continually making edits to disrupt the work of the majority of other editors, you may be prevented from editing the page (or any page) for a period of time. As mentioned above, User:Sayai Wolff (if you choose to register that nickname) is more "your page", within reasonable limits. --GreenReaper(talk) 21:14, 8 January 2007 (UTC)
~grabs a bag of popcorn and munches~ And here I thought it was going to be dull now that the problems with Jeremy died off.--Kendricks Redtail 22:00, 8 January 2007 (UTC)
Okay, how the fuck do I delete the page outright? The admins of this site obviously do not play fair, so there is no point in even having a page here. RuheMaus on the other paw is free to say anything and everything about himself that he wishes and you do nothing yet I try to add my own essence to Wikifur and my page is cut down to two fucking lines. This is bullshit and you know it. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) .
- There's not a problem with you writing more, but what you write has to be appropriate for WikiFur, which is an encyclopedia, and not the repository of "your essence". Please compare the contested version of this page and the current version of RuheMaus. There is nothing wrong with including more information, but it must be written as an encyclopedia article, not a song. Similarly, statements like "Beware his Caster" and the "warning and disclaimer" are not things you would expect to see in an article, as (for one thing) they profess an opinion to the reader. As has been stated above, the appropriate place for these things is your user page - not the page about you (which is there for the benefit of everyone, not for you to present yourself as you wish).
- Think about it this way: If the Encyclopedia Brittanica was covering your character, what would they write? What are your achievements, and how is your character portrayed and percieved by others? Optionally, what is the player behind the character like? Put that here, and the rest at a user page, if anywhere. --GreenReaper(talk) 10:21, 9 January 2007 (UTC)
- To address your specific question - if you really don't want WikiFur to cover you at all, then you should contact an administrator via an IM or email that can be confirmed as yours requesting the above, and if there is no complaint from other users, the page will be blanked with a note stating your request and protected from editing by regular users, in accordance with our policy. I don't think that's really necessary in this case, since problem here seems to be a misunderstanding about what WikiFur provides and what type of contributions are appropriate on what pages, but it's your right to ask for it if you wish. Note that this would not remove your name from The Golden Lash, as your ownership of the club is a public fact on the MUCK. --GreenReaper(talk) 10:38, 9 January 2007 (UTC)
Yes, but I still own it and all the copyrights along with it...
- Falls over laughing* I just realised something!!! I don't technically own the lash POD DOES!!! (My alt) You people ride around on your high horse of being factual, but if you want the true facts, I will change the lash's page to reflect the truth and REALLY fuck with people's heads. Hey, it's the truth, and you guys are all about facts here, right?....right?
And if you don't believe me, go look for yourselves. Just walk into any room in the lash and enter the command 'ex here' and the muck will spit back out at you 'Owner:Pod' every time. This is not hidden from public view, and is freely available for view by all, and is therefore public knowledge. But public knowledge also states that Sayai is the owner but the wikifur page on the lash is lying about that, but it's not... I can ride this roller coaster of truth all day gentlemen, can you? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs) .
- We are indeed about truth. At the same time, if something appears to be otherwise, then it should be explained otherwise people will change it back because they think it's wrong. There would seem to be a simple solution here, though - you could put something like "owned by Sayai Wolff (or technically by his alt, Pod)" that explains both the IC and OOC situation. --GreenReaper(talk) 11:13, 9 January 2007 (UTC)
- Nobody here is disputes your ownership of the area. However, just as a book author does not have any right over reviews of their work, your ownership does not mean you have any inherent right over the articles about those areas here, though you may feel you have the authority to speak on the topic (and if people here agree with that, they may accept your edits to the articles as the truth without too much checking assuming they are non-controversial). The only issue would be the use of the actual copyrighted descriptions of areas or objects in the MUCK, which could only be contributed to WikiFur by the copyright holder. In this particular case, most of the content of that article has been contributed by RuheMaus in the past. If he did copy any material, I would assume that he had the right to license the work to us at the time, and the transfer of ownership should not change that license. The same, of course, applies to your character - if we just copied your MUCK description word for word we would be in violation of your copyright, but if we made our own description of your character we would not be. --GreenReaper(talk) 11:34, 9 January 2007 (UTC)
Do you people REALLY want to make this a federal case? I can AND will turn this into a huge lawsuit that I may or may not win; the bottom line being a massive headache for the administration of this site. Remove my page COMPLETELY from the web site IMMEADIATELY or the owners of this website are going to be looking down the barrel of a huge legal nightmare that can easily be avoided by respecting my wishes. This also goes double for the entry on the Golden lash. Remove them now before I have a judge MAKE you remove them.
- A legal case? I'm not sure what you're trying to prove. This page is an article about a character. As stated above, as the owner of that character you have the right to request removal of it (by WikiFur custom, not by law), if you contact the administrators using a means by which we can confirm your identity (your MUCK identity, not your real life one). This restriction is so that we don't have random people removing articles about others. In fact, I've already been trying to contact you - if you check your MUCK client on Tapestries you should find several messages from me over the last hour.
- You do not have the right to request the removal of the page about The Golden Lash - or rather, you can request it, but it won't happen. The Lash is an area of long standing and historical interest on Tapestries, the article about it was not created by you, and said article contains no personal information about you other than the mention of you as its listed owner. Please do not compromise your requests by making legal threats. They have been made before by others and did not help their makers get what they wanted. --GreenReaper(talk) 11:45, 9 January 2007 (UTC)