"These events are listed on the Sacfurs.com website and are planned on its forum."
I have to object to the last revision to the forum link in the above paragraph. Any user who sees that link will think that when they are clicking it, they will be taken to the Sacfurs forum, and not the WikiFur forum page. If the external link must be at the bottom of the page, I'd prefer the forum link be removed and have it be plaintext, as that would be more clear. Leam 21:33, 12 Jan 2006 (UTC)
Any way to put some kind of generic NPOV-style warning at the top?
Our server just went down right before a big meet, and I'd like to put a placeholder, if possible, up to be sure to notify folks to look at the Sacfurs_Events page. Thoughts? We're forwarding our domain here temporarily. What a mess. -.- Leam 04:57, 2 March 2006 (UTC)
- I've put something up for now. Hopefully it'll help. Feel free to tweak. :-) --GreenReaper(talk) 07:58, 2 March 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks! Leam 16:45, 2 March 2006 (UTC)
- Somewhat off topic, but if you (Leam/Sacfurs) need cheap webhosting, please contact me privately and I'll point you to a place that might be able to meet your needs. --Dmuth 16:18, 2 March 2006 (UTC)
- We have a new host, but I thank you for looking out for me! Leam 16:45, 2 March 2006 (UTC)
- Well, the site isn't 100% back up, and even if it were, why couldn't the current status just be "online?" If we keep the section there, I could link to it as a persistant place for the users to refer to updates regarding said status. I think it's both handy and relevant. Could you please elaborate what you mean by it not being the correct tense or tone?
- Upon re-reading your comments, I think I kind of get the gist of what you mean, but I think removing the status would be detrimental to my users. However, my audience !~ the WikiFur audience, so I think putting a separate status page would be in order. If you think such status information belongs in a talk page, please let me know. Leam 05:25, 24 March 2006 (UTC)
- Added, but I'm not 100% happy with my wording. Will try again when I'm less tired. Thanks for the suggestion. I probably wouldn't have noticed. Leam 05:47, 24 March 2006 (UTC)