They are the same, but,...
In the years seeing this paraphilia word pop up, it's the "Re-whelped" (Furry) version of the word that prevails normally over its "Mundane" counterpart. A lot of fandoms (Anime, specially,) and/or sexual "mundane" people use the "Unbirth" version, while "Re-whelped" is uniquely furry Spirou 20:46, 11 July 2006 (UTC)
- I still believe it should be merged. I know you don't agree with the Google-test, but I found only one site using the word (http://www.chameleon.net/~deserthare/furrydom.html - searched for both re-whelped and rewhelped). This page can remain a redirect - but I've never heard this word used before until I came across this article (even Fchan'ers and Taps-goers use "unbirthing"). Spaz Kitty 20:51, 11 July 2006 (UTC)
- It's old (PG, Pre-Google? ^-^,) but I have seen it used quite a lot on fanfics, alt.lifestyle.furry, furs roleplaying, etc,... but, looking at it again, you are right that it could be merged, some rewording necessary, and still satisfy both group of people (i.e. Unbirth [also known by the furspeech term Re-Whelped],...). Hmm, this happens when I don't take my "common sense" pills in the morn, SpazKitty <=) Spirou 21:04, 11 July 2006 (UTC)
- It's not a problem. =3 Adding the "formerly used on ALF, etc" would be interesting to add as well. I just don't want to come off sounding like I think all your articles suck, so please don't think it's some vendetta against you. I'm just a mergist-deletionist - it's nothing personal against the article's creator. ^^ Spaz Kitty 21:14, 11 July 2006 (UTC)
- No, no, please. It's fine. I understand why the consolidations were made,... I just felt that we needed to make sure that they didn't "disappear" inside an entry, or its importance downplayed ^-^ Spirou 21:23, 11 July 2006 (UTC)
- Of course. In this case, I did decide it should be merged rather than deleted, as it did seem to have relevance - just suited better under the more well-known unbirthing term. If you like, you can move the content over and edit it as you wish, including the "pre-Google" bits above. Spaz Kitty 21:28, 11 July 2006 (UTC)
- Aye. Will wait until after work, in case somebody else wants their input heard Spirou 22:00, 11 July 2006 (UTC)