References needed for this article
The main part of this article that I think requires a reference is this phrase:
- is the most significant work in the small world of UnBirthing fiction. This single story helped spawn the UB-fan culture, and directly influenced the works of writers like Animakitty and Rochndil.
--Douglas Muth 20:35, 4 December 2006 (UTC)
Well, AS Rochndil, I can say that the statement is true. I know of no furry stories older than "Pony's Revenge" that feature UB in such a significant and central manner, though of course my knowledge is not encyclopedic. I'm not certain what external references could even be FOUND, other than personal opinion/recollection, since the UB community is so tiny. I believe Animakitty would concur, as would probably Omega, who founded and ran the largest and longest-lived UB art/fiction repository until Yahoo killed it. - Rochndil.
- Hmm, a couple of thoughts:
- Can you get access to this repository through the Wayback Machine at http://www.archive.org/?
- Personal recollections are fine, but we would need some sort of a reference external to the Wiki that we can link to. (this is to keep the Wiki from becoming a Primary Source) That being said, a single webpage or a blog entry reflecting what you said here would be sufficient. (similar to what was done on Talk:Swifthorn)
- If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. Thanks. --Douglas Muth 21:52, 4 December 2006 (UTC)
I think it may be going too far to say it's the MOST significant work. As for it directly influencing my work? I just peeked at the story in question, and I don't think I've ever read this story before. That invalidates the bit about me, at least. --Anima 23:21, 23 May 2008 (UTC)
- Heard and understood. My infamously unreliable memory must have let me down again, I could have SWORN that you claimed this story as an early influence. My bad, I'll edit the entry and tone it down a bit. --Rochndil 14:31, 27 May 2008 (UTC)
- Nope, I think your work and Karloon's work were my earliest unbirth influences. --Anima 23:26, 12 June 2008 (UTC)