I feel the need... the need for NPOV
I think this article is in some need of NPOV. Right now, it looks like a significant chunk of is attacking this Blaze person. I'm not sure if that's really appropriate for that article. --Douglas Muth 17:47, 28 November 2006 (UTC)
- I gave it a shot...hopefully, what's left there is fairly neutral. Carl Fox 07:10, 29 November 2006 (UTC)
I believe the Orlando Furs entry should be about the overall Orlando group. The "OFURS" information is already in their own entry (which, to be honest, could stand with some cleanup to bring it to NPOV as well); a brief mention of each mailing list here should suffice (I'll remove the "friction" comment on the Orlando Area Furs group so it's more neutral). Carl Fox 20:25, 29 November 2006 (UTC)
Removal of second mailing list
- 220.127.116.11 resolves to an IP on danger.com, which sells mobile Internet acccess. Interesting. I'm all for reverting those edits myself. --Douglas Muth 00:41, 2 December 2006 (UTC)
- revert and readd the usefull info... cchristian
- The edits have been reverted. The moderators of the Orlando Furs Yahoo! group, from what I can tell, have a good deal of contempt for the Orlando Area Furs group. The reasons for this, and whether it's deserved or not, should not influence the listing of both groups in this entry, in my opinion.
Like most articles, this one has undergone revisions and POV throughout its history. However, for some time now, it appears that one or more persons has been attempting to revert to the same version of the article over and over, without providing any explanation. This particular edit exists of:
- Content which comes off as somewhat POVish, and has in fact been rewritten in the past by others.
- A link to orlandofurs.com, which currently contains a directly listing of a few empty directories and no real content.
- Consistently removing the link to Orlando Area Furs mailing list, again without any explanation.
The IPs involved seem to be:
- User:18.104.22.168 - Resolves to www.dragonnetworks.net
- User:22.214.171.124 - Resolves to 126.96.36.199.cfl.res.rr.com
Looking at the contributions from all 3 IPs, it seems that the majority of the edits were to this article, Blaze Darkarma, and OFURS. Additionally, messages were left on the talk pages for two of those IPs, asking about the edits, with no response thusfar.
Any suggestions on what we should do now? I'm hesitant to do blocking just yet, but I think we need stop these IPs from reverting others' contributions. --Douglas Muth 19:30, 8 December 2006 (UTC)
- I don't think it's a good idea persnally to solicit the "Orlando Area Furs" group since the only reason they created that group or "The New Tampa Area Furs" was because they feel as outcasts from the original groups because they were not permitted to solicit deviant acts and parties on the group websites. Keep in mind that the same members and group friends (Clique) that are within the Orlando Area Furs are within The New Tampa Area Furs minus one or two members. I believe that any group created merely out of contempt of another group should not be allowed to exist on this webpage and there should be prevention to not allow groups such as Orlando Furs and Florida Furs made to appear like they are in some sort of competition. There are several other groups I know of that were created, but they were not in direct competition with anyone here in Orlando. If you'd like, I can find a few of these groups and point them out to you, though I don't know how active they are. I went ahead and edited the OFURS page that was created so as to not sound like an ad as well and removed all the staff members cause that's just irrelevant information. Blaze Darkarma
Moved to "Orlando"
I think there should be a clear distinction between a location - Orlando - and the groups which are a part of it, unless the groups themselves are so trivial that they can all be described on one page. This article is a portal to all kinds of Orlando-related topics, and as such its title should be just "Orlando". I have therefore moved it. --GreenReaper(talk) 06:19, 10 March 2007 (UTC)