If he doesn't care what furries think, as claimed by the last couple of vandals, then why even make the effort to change this page? -- Siege 09:44, 19 January 2006 (UTC)
I have removed the section ", and wrote a story for Genus called Why Desert Winds Howl, along with artist Dean L. Norton" as it appears that this story was instead written by a "Riley" (Rod O'Riley?) and published in Furrlough #2-3, 5. Was the contributor thinking of another story? --GreenReaper(talk) 17:07, 21 January 2006 (UTC)
Mike has requested in communication with me that we either obtain proof of the assertion made towards his reputation or remove it. As the original contributor was anonymous, it is not possible to ask them directly. It is hard to defend a statement that is without obvious proof. Can anyone help out in substantiating this further, or should we remove this on grounds of lack of evidence?
Or should we remove it anyway, even if it is true, as he has requested it and asserts that he "just wants to be left alone"? Your thoughts, please. I would like not to have to spend my whole weekend on this and related topics. :-) --GreenReaper(talk) 06:31, 22 January 2006 (UTC)
- He didn't leave Paul Kidd alone here, but he demands we do it for him?,... Uh, nay. You reap what you sow. 184.108.40.206 18:53, 22 January 2006 (UTC)
- I must admit I feel similarly. My worry with that is that we then have different rules for different people depending on how we feel about them as contributors, which seems a little unprofessional. Not that I'm suggesting that WikiFur is professional as it stands, but it's nice to have something to aspire to . . . --GreenReaper(talk) 22:29, 22 January 2006 (UTC)
- I just spent the past half-hour reviewing posts by and about Mr. Hirtes on Google Groups. I think this thread shows several examples, and should provide some substantiation to the statements in question.--Duncan da Husky 19:10, 24 January 2006 (UTC)
I probably shouldn't be mentioning this, but Hirtes' absence from CYD for a while was due to the fact he was banned. I don't recall the reason, apart from maybe he annoyed Mitch. Later, he reregistered under the name "MHirtes" and picked right back up where he left off, being a regular poster today. It should be noted though, that at times (read: often) he annoys even the likes of the other forum members with his tangental and fannish grudges against little known furry artists.
- Yes. He was only banned for a time, though I am not sure if he was aware of that given that he registered another account. --GreenReaper(talk) 14:53, 20 April 2006 (UTC)
Word from Mike himself: Perhaps I just decided to start clean with a new account? I'm sure because your hatred of me, your mind will only allow the worst possible explanations, but sometimes the most obvious reasons are the correct ones.
Why "It should be noted though, that at times (read: often) he annoys even the likes of the other forum members with his tangental and fannish grudges against little known furry artists." is even worth being noted at all is kind of hilarious, actually. You mean I'm the only one in the entire history of the Internet to have stated an opinion that someone else has disagreed with? Wow!
Sounds to me like the only real reason to note it at all was just to find something to smear me with, no matter how minor. Things have sunk pretty low for the Anti-Hirtes Hate Squad when the worst accusation said of me lately is "He says things that some people disagree with". lol
It's been several months since I last stopped by here to WF, but it seems the admin has an ongoing grudge and wishes to continue with his hate/smear/stalk campaign, noting every little rumor and tidbit of hearsay he comes across. I guess no matter how long you leave the fandom, there are some who want to continue with their hate. I left furry fandom a long time ago. Perhaps it's time furry fandom did the vice-versa?
I have no doubt that this entry by myself won't last longer than raw fish in the Summer sun, but perhaps in that brief time between when I post this and the admin deletes it to censor the truth (his bias is truly amazing as it is apparent), someone may catch a peek. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Mhirtes (talk • contribs) .
Lulz.net data removal (reason)
Removal of Lulz.net mention. Articles on this board 404 too frequently to add this to the article as referenced material, unless somebody saves it - Spirou 01:32, 11 April 2009 (UTC)
The subject of this page has made a request for exclusion via email. If anyone wishes to object this exclusion, please comment within the next 24 hours. --GreenReaper(talk) 00:18, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
- : If anything, this article presents Hirtes as being less of a threat to artists than he has actually demonstrated himself to be. I object to this exclusion because it stands as a ligitimate warning to artists who may be commissioned by him. He has previously even boasted about getting all money forcefully refunded from artists by Paypal for arbitrary reasons. After this incident, some artists have chosen to decline commissions from Hirtes so as to avoid such threats. This page stands as some protection for artists from being defrauded for work done. I believe, like the Sibe article, it's exclusion would be detrimental to the furry fandom. This isn't just 'drama' after all, but incidents where money has been taken from artists even after doing the work. I object. AshleyAshes 01:01, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
- : I object as well, I've been a direct witness of Mr. Hirter's behavior, he will always spout nonsense about "libel", "lies" and other excuses, trying always to act like an innocent person when he is not, While many artists who were victims of his scams tried to warn others. he as been banned from many sites, like Fur Affinity and that is AFTER Dragoneer and other admins reviewed many times his statements and other people's opinions and experiences. Mr. Hirtes will always try to continue this type behavior despite numerous warnings and for sure will attemp to continue to do so in the future, the request for removal this entry (and many others) related to his bad actions is just a mere act to try... again to pull his scamming back to work, the more warnings there are, the less people he can scam. that's why he's so desperate to clean his name everywhere despite his long history. I apologize for my bad writing skills, English is not my main language. Cesarin --220.127.116.11 01:52, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
- : I'm gonna add an objection here. As an artist, and a person who saw him pull this against someone on FA, It would be like letting a wolf out among sheep. -- Yaru
- : I also reject the exclusion and it seems he wants to hide all his wrongdoing with this nonsense. ILOVEWario 03:29, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
- : Count another objection, this person's past needs to be kept on display. -- Natasha Softpaw ( talk | contribs ) 03:46, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
- I object as well. His past should be saved to help chronicle his actions and warn other artists who need proof of this guy's past actions. He wants it removed for the sole purpose of removing his tainted past. And yes, I have witnessed this guy's actions so what I say is true. ThatFurWithTheGlasses 05:00, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
- I object as well. Hirtes is a commission cheat, and he deserves to have his wrongdoings exposed to the fandom. Sage Freehaven 05:11, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
- I would also like to put in an objection. People like this should be exposed to the furry fandom, especially to artists who make a living off of taking commissions from others. It's simply not fair for them to be cheated because there was no more warning about his removal from websites. Icen 10:56 PM, 31 August 2009 (PST)
- Coming in a bit late here, but I'm gonna add an objection too. This individual clearly has a history, and I feel that his attempt to be excluded is less about personal privacy, and more of an attempt to prevent documentation of his behavior. --Douglas Muth 22:14, 1 September 2009 (UTC)