Talk:Matthew Joseph Harrington
From WikiFur, the furry encyclopedia.
The Wikipedia entry has been deleted at this time.
I do wonder how they're going to feel when they have to replace it.Matthew Joseph Harrington 02:22, 17 April 2007 (UTC)
- Uncaring, probably. Wikipedia has over a million pages. Any particular one is a very small moment in history. Either they will leave it if it has references that can be attributed to a well-known source that prove notability, or it'll get put up for deletion again. --GreenReaper(talk) 02:27, 17 April 2007 (UTC)
- Oh, that's manifestly true! But I was wondering more specifically about the reactions of the three vandals over there (including an Admin) who were stalking me until they found a pretext. It started when one of the clique edited the original article into, literally, nonsense. The story is quite colorful, and will come out when the edit record is reopened.
- Of course, Wikipedia is already pretty well-known as the place where you can learn how Elvis married Bigfoot aboard a flying saucer-- it doesn't have to be true, just referenced! So after a few more years down that road the effect is apt to be fairly dilute.
- Henceforth I'll stick to fan sites. The F/SF community knows when it's being offered rubbish. Matthew Joseph Harrington 05:49, 17 April 2007 (UTC)
- Just an update: The aforementioned exchange has been dropped down the Memory Hole to conceal what happened.Matthew Joseph Harrington 22:49, 2 July 2008 (UTC)