Talk:Made Fur You
I have reverted the unexplained deletion of the company's prior name (Azure Coyote Studios) as I think this is an interesting historical fact worth keeping.--Higgs Raccoon 11:33, 4 February 2013 (EST)
- If you have questions as to the removals above you may contact me through email. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Portwolf (talk • contribs) .
- In case anyone drops by and doesn't know to look at the edit summaries: the issue is that it wasn't ever an official name for the company which is the subject of this article, just a trade name for its builder. Made Fur You also started as a trade name, which was then used for the actual company. --GreenReaper(talk) 06:14, 29 May 2014 (EDT)
Removal of user's posts
Portwolf, please abstain from removing any user's public posts on any article's talk page, specially while discussing an ongoing subject, in this case preserving historical in this article. - Spirou 21:57, 7 February 2014 (EST)
- Dear Spirou and all other administrative users concerned.
- I will have to request that the changes I have made to the made fur you page be rendered as permitted and absolute. The information being posted is inaccurate. I am acting on behalf of made fur you in this venture and will request this this last time. Should the changes not be implemented I will request that this article for made fur you be purged and locked. Should you wish to discuss this matter in greater details please feel free to contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Portwolf (talk • contribs) .
- Are all the persons quoted wrong?. Is the wrong company being quoted?. Is there an explanation that does indicate that all the presented data is inaccurate?. If so, please do helps us understand the issue at hand. Continuos removal of what seems to be valid historical data without an stated reason does not allow us to help with any issue you may have with it. "It's the wrong company. The initial name is wrong. The name was actually a trial balloon. The individuals were mistaken, here is why...", these would helps maintain the integrity and accuracy of an article, not just outright stripping of the info, and neither does blanking editor's posts making a point about the subject.
- If it's wrong, please provide a why. There is no interest for editors or Curators for keeping erroneous facts up. - Spirou 01:02, 8 February 2014 (EST)
- So no reason will be given to help correct this issue. Personal Exclusion is only for requests from Persons (people). Public events, sites, businesses, etc... are not subject to it, or "purging", due to it's public nature, as per other wikias.
- Even if the matter that were to be discussed via email that supported the removal, a reason would still be have to be included in the article for those users or readers wanting to know why the information was deleted in the first place, specially since various individuals not related to each other have stated this particular fact. - Spirou 01:02, 8 February 2014 (EST)
- I had a chat with Made Fur You and hopefully this is all sorted out now and clear to editors. A big part of the issue was the perception that this was/should be like one of their other profile pages, which it obviously isn't, and a lack of understanding of our need for history - essentially, all the problems which tend to come up with people as well. --GreenReaper(talk) 06:14, 29 May 2014 (EDT)