Talk:List of furry LiveJournal communities/Archive 1
Regarding the adding/removal/re-adding of the Nazi Furs group, I did check out the group, and the info page explicitly says that the group is for furs interested in the history of the Nazi Party and World War 2. It goes on to say that it is not a hate group and will not tolerate trolls, white supremecists, etc. Given those details, I think that the entry for that group should stay on the page here. (they might have picked a better name though...) --Dmuth 15:42, 18 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- I did too before I readded it, it looks reasonable and likewise even if it did have objectional content, this wiki is not a place to not list things because some people wouldn't like it. Otherwise the only place we might have listed is Yerf.. and then that would be deleted because it contained too much drama over artist elitism. ;) -Nidonocu - talk 15:46, 18 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- However, we do have to start being careful. Vandalism to this page (adding hate groups, changing URLs slightly) is hard to notice, seeing as it is a rather large list. Maybe my making this page was a bad idea. -_-; Almafeta 07:06, 19 Aug 2005 (UTC)
Order of U.S. regions
I see DuncanDaHusky made some improvements. I'm not sure about his decision to reorder the U.S. regions, which were alphabetical, to run roughly East to West. What do others think? I know it's not that big a deal, but it seems a bit inconsistent to me. --Tom Howling 20:26, 25 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- There are few enough regions I don't think the ordering is a major issue, but I agree it seems counterintuitive to me since everything else is ordered alphabetically. BlueOtter 20:59, 25 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- Well,I'm certainly not married to the idea :-) If you prefer it alphabetically, that's fine by me.--Duncan da Husky 22:44, 25 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- Eh, screw it... the more I look at how you have it, the more I like it. I have to learn not to be so anal. :) --Tom Howling 23:16, 25 Aug 2005 (UTC)
Due to the changes in cookie handling and user/community URLs, I think that pretty much all of the links on this page need to be adjusted. -- Siege 17:54, 27 January 2006 (UTC)
Cash for Livejournal
Imagine if LJ started charging for existing journal. Damn, what a great way to earn a billion dollars. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) 08:14, 1 February 2006
- Oh, hardly. If two million people stayed, Xanga would still have to charge about $40/month to earn a billion bux in a year (1bil/2mil=500, 500/12=~44). And that's assuming that many would stay; I think that maybe fewer than half the current non-paying users would hang around. -- Siege 10:44, 1 February 2006 (UTC)
move Hobbies to Interests?
Currently there are the sections "Interests" and "Occupations and hobbies". Should the "hobbies" be moved into the "Interests" section? --EarthFurst 01:37, 2 August 2006 (UTC)
- Be bold. Do what you think should be done. --Rat 22:20, 2 August 2006 (UTC)
- I don't think so, since there's a difference between hobbies and interests... there's communities for people who do x as a job or pastime, such as Furry DJs and Furry Farmers. -- Sine 05:02, 6 August 2006 (UTC)
- I'm fine with Furry Farmers being in the OaH list ("Occupations and hobbies") since farming can be a major job, but there are 3 main things I'm wondering about:
- (1) "Cars: Motor Furs" being in the Interests list while "Weapons: Furry Gun owners" is in the OaH list.
- (2) Perhaps the header could be changed to "Occupations (that some do as a hobby)" ?
- (3) how far do we go in what we consider to be a job? (examples: (3a) furrytattoos LJ includes those making money from tattoos, (3b) Bernal considers SexyFur to be a job (see CrushYiffDestroy's interview of Bernal), and (3c) I assume there are fursuit makers and other artists who make enough money for their art to be a job (whether part-time or full-time). --EarthFurst 20:01, 1 September 2006 (UTC)