I am Kiraneko.
- waves paw to everyone* Konichiwa, aiiiii!!! Kiraneko 14:48, 4 July 2008 (UTC)
On merging "Krow clan"
I think they want to merge it because there's no easy way to categorize a religious or spiritual construct of one individual which doesn't have a web presence. OK...I think the web presence is the main issue, since they usually want something to have a third-party (non-WikiFur-based) source as a link, even if it is just a forum website or simple webpage.
I think that if that were to occur (creating an external website), then they'll let this pass without the request to merge. --RayneVanDunem 02:12, 9 August 2008 (UTC)
- Thank you, but I wanna know what it does. --Kiraneko 23:24, 14 August 2008 (UTC)
- Hi Kiraneko. "Merging" means the combination of 1) moving most of the information in one article into a new section of another one and 2) replacing the text in the former article with a redirect link to the latter article, which results in any links on other pages to the former article taking the reader to the latter article.
- For instance, if one was reading an article on Wikipedia but felt like the information was too little or too non-notable to warrant its own article, I could simply copy-paste the information in the article to a new section in an article that covers a subject that looks readily inclusive of whatever is posted on the smaller article. What they're proposing with merging the Krow clan article with yours is that the text in it can be copy-pasted into a "Krow clan" section in your bio article and the "Krow clan" article is replaced with a redirect link to the "Krow clan" section in your bio article.
- The opposite of "merging" is "forking", where the information in a section of an article that is considered either too large or outstanding in relevance is replaced in a separate article and expanded. --RayneVanDunem 01:01, 15 August 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks!Kiraneko 19:15, 19 October 2008 (UTC)