Goons having a sense of humor may be true, but the acts they perform on places like Wikis where they edit pages for that laugh is still considered trolling and vandalism. If they want to show their humor, they can do so in the discussion pages rather than editing the article. --Markus 10:33, 15 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- Goons have their share of idiots as well. Even though the 10 dollar rule clears out quite a few idiots, there are still those who can read the first forum for free and people who do stupid things anyway and then fail to report to the thread that they have infact commit a cardinal sin so they can perform penance of giving the forums another 10 dollars to reregister after being banned. Any sizeable community has some unlikeable portion of it. That is, unless you want Sibe to be considered a represenative of your community. -- A Goon 13:11, 15 Aug 2005 (ETZ)
- Actually, most furs consider Sibe a pain in their necks in more than the obnoxious way. His criminal record speaks for itself He's usually banned from conventions and events due to behavior or as a preventative medicine so trouble wont be started by him just by being there. Interpretations of his status are still up to the individual. --Markus 17:33, 15 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- I was merely stating that the ones invading are not representations of a typical goon. I was merely using Sibe as an example because sibe is considered in a bad light and if I mention some other insane portion of the furry community, I'd start a holy war. -- A Goon 13:56 (ETZ)
Just because someone is a goon doesn't mean they're gonna automatically be evil and satanic. Hell, quite a lot of my friends, furry and those that aren't into the fandom, are something awful goons. They're fine with me, and I'm fine with them. I'm actually considering getting a somethingawful.com forum account. JoshuaWoulf 3:45PM 8/17/2005 (EST)
- That may be so, but that doesn't change that goons from SA are known for vandalism and harassment of others. Almafeta 14:08, 19 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- Which, I'm sorry to say, is generalizing in the same way that people associate furry with fursuit fetishism and bestiality. I wouldn't have a problem with the part of the article describing the things those 'bad apple' goons do in order to troll not only furry communities but 'weird' communities in general, were it not for the fact that there doesn't seem to be anything in the article to show goons in a positive light. -- Maikeru, 07:00 CDT, 08 Sep 2005
Maybe goons vandalize things because furries are fucking irritating freaks who deserve scorn and death.
- Verix, please leave this comment in, because it's relevant to what we're up against. Additionally, please stop sugarcoating the goons article. Almafeta 21:22, 20 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- I'm not "sugarcoating" it. You keep portraying them in an angry light and get some information wrong, for example all of them being trolls which is untrue. The forum consists mostly of non-trolls, and much like the furry fandom with fursuit sex and other deviancy, the trolls are part of the minority. You're also insulting the community, which, while it may be warranted, is not appropriate for a Wiki.
- I also wanted to remove that comment because it was inflamitory and unwanted. If you wanna keep it in, fine, but we're not really "up against" anything. A revert and a ban, simple as that. It's like magnifying glasses on ants. :) --Verix 21:28, 20 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- Hi guys. Almafeta, please provide evidence for your statements and attribute them to a group or person. If they are known as "lost boys", then there will assumably be postings referring to them as such, which can be linked to. As I mentioned earlier, it's not appropriate to present opinion as if it comes from WikiFur, though that does not mean it shouldn't be included at all. --GreenReaper(talk) 21:37, 20 Aug 2005 (UTC)
What's a Juggalo? -- ACGLKXH 01:33, 10 Sep 2005 (UTC)
- I think they mean Gigolo. --GreenReaper(talk) 02:05, 10 Sep 2005 (UTC)
- A fan of Insane Clown Posse. -- Maikeru, 18:14 CDT, 12 Sep 2005
- lolz, years later. Anyway I just ran across this browsing wikifur aimlessly. No, I am a juggalo, and saying that is putting it mildly. ICP only started the trend bak in 1991. Now its a whole other fandom arguabley 2-3 times larger then furries. Juggalos are best represented by a life style. Not ICP. Questions? Hit me back. Dont ask a non juggalo what a juggalo is, hanes are you will be talkin to a troll. --TheGreatMilenko 21:21, 28 May 2009 (UTC)
Why does this have its own article?
Its not a furry related subject, its connection to the fandom its merely because of Something Awful, and if anything connects it to Wikifur is that some goons are furries,...
The article is bigger that a few hundred other furry related articles, Wikipedia hardly mentions their existence, at most, it should be merged with the SA article, or shrunk down to something like:
"A Goon is a netizen who has an active account on the Something Awful forums. Goons have become infamous for trolling various fandoms, including the furry fandom, starting gimmic pranks, and stirring up trouble in communities (although not all goons act this way). They are also known for targeting otherkin, otaku, Juggalos, and anything else they can gain amusement from.
Goons and furry
Some goons are also furries. See Something Awful.
When we created an non-furry article, we normally add a small blurb about it, then its connection to furry (see University of California, Davis,)... Here is laid out as "let me tell everything about Goons!," with a small blurb at the end "oh, yeah, something furry yadayada,"... How something so non-furry grew to such a large article to beging with? =/ Spirou 14:34, 7 June 2007 (UTC)
- It was long and drawn out to begin with, I was just trying to add in a little more unbiased information. However, a merge with SomethingAwful sounds like a good idea. If others agree, I'd be glad to do it since I feel a little less jaded than most furs, on this subject. :3 --Banrai | talk (06/07/07) 14.45 (UTC)
- Oh, no, there's noting wrong with the information you added, well, actually that is it,... It would fit perfectly the way you wrote it if it was the Something Awful Wiki. Informative, with a long explanation of Goons... which are not furry (well, a great majority at least /=] .) Vote merge with SA, too Spirou 14:57, 7 June 2007 (UTC)