Hey guys, how's it going? -Jack Bauer
For the last time, Gayfaggotinc isn't at all related to COTI or VCL Horrors, you morons. I'm changing this shit AGAIN and don't change it back.
(Oh, and Foxbourne isn't a member. We hate Foxbourne.)
Hey Spirou could you please quit fucking up our page? -Concerned Gayfaggot
Stay the fuck out of our page, Spiro Agnew. -Gayfaggot in Arms
Why was my membership entry removed? I'm definitely a part of this group... -Jack Bauer
Um, Jill is actually a member of GFI. She's in the channel right now. I'm talking to her. -Hung Wei Lo
http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=team_coti Check out the usernames of the people that belong to this community! You won't find a single GFI member in there. Is that proof enough that we're not related? Update: I've gone into the COTI chatroom itself and asked them about the whole thing. They've never even heard of us.
Valid information welcome
Any additional, and relevant, information to this or any article on Wikifur is welcome. Although open to anybody, no article, except personal ones, are the sole property of one person or group. Thanks for your understanding. Spirou 05:13, 12 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- This is basically a personal article, since it was my community. Please stop reverting it, and if you do, at least IM me on AIM at JoshuaWoulf so you can discuss the changes you want to make to it.
- Well, every single person who has been involved in Gayfaggotinc has requested that it's been deleted. Is that such a bad thing? --JoshuaWoulf
I removed the "SALADTONGS YOUR MY BEST FRIEND :o)" LJ entry not because it is not true, or that community is in the same vein as Gayfaggotinc, or may have some of the members of the original one. The removal had to do more that it needs to relate to "Gayfaggotinc" in name more, has the other two are, because if it were based on the "reason" or "purpose" of "Gayfaggotinc" original LJ, we would be adding new LJs all day long. Hope this explains the removal. Spirou 05:33, 12 Dec 2005 (UTC)
WE ACTUALLY ADDED PERTINENT INFORMATION THAT WAS TRUE ABOUT GFI
DO SOME FUCKING RESEARCH BEFORE REVERTING BACK TO THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE!
How the hell do you expect wikifur to expand when you report everything as "vandalism"?
--220.127.116.11 03:52, 13 Dec 2005 (UTC)
Rephrased the "Relation" of the services.
Clarified what relates all three to each other. Hope this helps. Spirou 04:53, 13 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- Additional rephrasing has been added to bring up 18.104.22.168's point that all three services are not related to each other, except for the "Furry" angle. Please do inform us if this rewrite is satisfactory. Spirou 05:06, 13 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- Gayfaggotinc (Joshua Woulf, creator. Kasai and Auddwaggin, co-founders) is the IRC counterpart to COTI's AIM and VCL Horrors' LiveJournal when it involves the purpose and/or behavior of mocking, ridiculing, or trolling the furry fandom at large (beyond this, they are independent entities.)
- Spirou, if you're going to acknowledge that there's no connection between these groups, why would you even bother to introduce the three of them and point out (your own percieved) similarities in the opening sentence of the article? That you, personally, mentally classify them all under the same "anti-furry" banner is fine, but it looks an awful lot to me like you're trying to make sure that other people who read this article make this association immediately. That's not NPOV, that's just spin. Wikifur readers are smart, they can draw their own conclusions about the subjects of the articles without anyone else telling them what or how to think. Let each article stand on its own. --Rootdown 01:39, 16 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- The intention is obviously to imply that there is a connection in terms of theme (anti-furry activity) rather than actual groups of people. I don't see the problem with doing this in this way if it is true - after all, linking related articles about related topics is a useful thing. It would be best to have some objective evidence (for or against) regarding this assertion, though. I appreciate that as the founder of the group, you have knowledge, but you are also going to be held to a higher standard of "proof" - it's like me editing the e n c y c l o p e d i a d r a m a t i c a .com/index.php/WikiFur WikiFur article (Edited to avoid spamfilter) on Encyclopædia Dramatica (which I've done, but I'm sure people question the impartiality of my edits :-). --GreenReaper(talk) 02:41, 16 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- "As you yourself have noticed, and wrote in your edit, there are people who DO consider COTI to be "furry-hostile" and/or "anti-furry," caused by the actions of certain "individuals" within it who are furry themselves,... It's these reasons alone (The "Furry" presence, and their fandom hostility) that COTI is recorded in Wikifur, under the "Anti-Furry" category." (Posted on COTI's "discussion" page.) ...The same can said for "Gayfaggotinc," and most definitely "VCL Horrors," and that's why they are "related" when it solely involves the "Anti-furry" "angle." Spirou 03:35, 16 Jan 2006 (UTC)
"Around February 2006, Ashi Moto had effectively shutdown the IRC channel, by taking over, and banning all access to it. A message instructed all users to access the #saladtongues IRC channel instead." I'd like to know when and how I did this, seeing as I don't recall ever having enough power on #GFI to do such a thing. Also, the name is saladtongs, not saladtongues. Spirou, please stop putting obvious lies into this article. --ashi_moto
Can this be clarified?
Gayfaggotinc (Joshua Woulf, creator. Kasai and Auddwaggin, co-founders) is the IRC counterpart to COTI's AIM and VCL Horrors' LiveJournal when it involves the purpose and/or behavior of mocking, ridiculing, or trolling the furry fandom at large (beyond this, they are independent entities.)
How are three things that are COMPLETELY unrelated counterparts to each other? Can this be changed to something like:
GayFaggotInc is another LJ community based on an channel in IRC which, like COTI's AIM and VCL Horror's LJ, has as one of its purposes mocking, ridiculing, or even trolling some part of the furry fandom at large. Beyond this they are completely and utterly unrelated.
Maybe not exactly, but you get the picture.
As another thing, I believe that the "See Also" links to COTI and VCL Horrors is unnecessary, and perhaps even absurd. Can this please be taken off? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Starblade (talk • contribs) .
Does channel information about #saladtongs go here or does it go on its own page? I tried making a page about it a couple of times but apparantly somebody got butthurt over the fact that such a page exists for God only knows what reason. I think that we should do something to prevent that page from being completely deleted, or at least show who's doing it. --Starblade 21:14, 20 July 2007 (UTC)
- Is the only use for saladtongs in relation to gayfaggotinc? It should be a REDIRECT then. --Rat 21:21, 20 July 2007 (UTC)
This article is fucking terrible and woefully outdated. Woulf has been gone for years, the gfi livejournal community and all spinoffs except saladtongs are completely dead, nobody in saladtongs has identified themselves as part of "gayfaggotinc" for years. I am going to rewrite the entire goddamn article from scratch and history or info on gfi can be relegated to a historical section of the new article / a redirect to a new saladtongs article. Squnq 02:32, 22 May 2008 (UTC)