Talk:Furry Weekend Atlanta
In accordance with Furry Weekend Atlanta's bylaws, all convention staff meetings are open unless issues being discussed are especially divisive or the good name of a member is being discussed.
"Charity Work" section
Do folks think it is necessary/relevant to have all that detail on the convention's charity? Looking at some of the recent articles for other conventions such as Anthrocon and Further Confusion, there is maybe a short sentence or two that talks about the charity. Contrast that with the wording in this article, which comes off more as an advertisement for the charity in question. What do other folks think? --Douglas Muth 20:47, 15 January 2007 (UTC)
- I think it's borderline. Generally, I'd include link to the organization's website, plus a quick summary of the organization (location and type of orgqnization/what it does), and perhaps something specific such as that what the con raised was such and such a percentage ofthe organization's funds for the year, or went towards such and such a speicifc project. -- Sine 20:53, 15 January 2007 (UTC)
The Sheraton, which was changed to for this year's con due to a lack of space at the previous inn, has sold out all the basic rooms available for FWA as of this past weekend. (LJ post) Should this be noted in the article, or just wait to see how much of a jump in attendance it results in? Spaz Kitty 05:42, 16 January 2007 (UTC)
- I would hold off. For one thing, the convention is only a month away and there will be hard numbers available then. For another, and this is speaking as both a cynic and someone who is well-familiar with convention hotel negotiations, they have sold out "the rooms available to [them]"; this means that they have filled their room block. This may or may not be meaningful, because it all depends on how big the room block they negotiated with the hotel; if they only negotiated (for example) for 50% of the rooms and the rest of the hotel has filled up with non-convention-related travelers, then them selling out their room block may not be all that notable. I certainly wish them well and hope that FWA sees some great growth (and that they're prepared for it :-) but that's the realities of the situation. ----DuncanDaHusky(talk) 14:46, 16 January 2007 (UTC)
Tumbles the Stairdragon?
- If you have knowledge about it or were there or are Tumbles, we'd invite you to write about what happened in the article. Let any administrators know if you need help. --Kendricks Redtail 21:07, 27 February 2007 (UTC)
- Right now, it's mostly rumors. I'd rather not add what little I know, since I'm not sure how much of it is fact. What I have heard the most is that it was a fur named Chyra, he jumped down the stairs after getting very drunk and kicked out of parties, and when he landed, he tried to slit his throat with his broken glasses. But he already has an ED page... http://encyclopedia dramatica.com/index.php/Tumbles_the_Stairdragon (remove the space) Spaz Kitty 16:20, 28 February 2007 (UTC)
This year, a lot of the art done for the t-shirts/poster/etc seemed to portray something that looked more like a red fox than a fennec fox. Should we note this? Spaz Kitty 04:19, 9 March 2008 (UTC)
- Possibly. The logo appears to be two foxes together, the red fox on the left and the fennec on the right, in a heart. Or maybe I am mistaking the rabbit for a fennec . . . --GreenReaper(talk) 11:17, 9 March 2008 (UTC)
- If I remember right, I eventually deduced the pair to be a red fox and a rabbit as well. XD I believe Bonk's poster had a pretty clear red fox (instead of a fennec) and rabbit, too -- I'm not sure if this was an error, artistic liberty, or even a change of species (I always thought a fennec fox was a rather obscure choice for the pair, especially alongside the already-long-eared rabbit XD). I'll put a note in the article about it. Spaz Kitty 12:56, 9 March 2008 (UTC)
According to the closing ceremonies/this FA journal, 2010 will be themed 'Carnival' and one of the GOHs will be Kamicheetah -- dunno if there's another. If someone wants to update the pages accordingly, feel free. Spaz Kitty 02:42, 24 March 2009 (UTC)