Talk:Fur Weekend Camping & BBQ
Some issues with the recent edit
I have some issues with the recent edit that I'd like to bring up here:
- I think we should still have the unreferenced template in the article. As of this writing Googling for 'fur camping con' turns up zero matches. So I think it is appropriate to include the template and ask for more references to the article.
- Second, I disagree with placing this event in the "conventions" category. I really think it's a stretch calling a camping trip with 15 people a "convention". I tend to think of conventions as having attendance of somewhere in the triple digits, having some form of programming, and possibly a guest of honor. Also, is the fact that this "convention" apparently has no website, which I find interesting.
What do others think? --Douglas Muth 00:21, 20 October 2006 (UTC)
- When I saw this article, I have to admit my first thought was wondering if every gathering of furs of more than four people was going to get a separate article on WikiFur. I agree that this is most definitely not a convention, and really doesn't belong in this category; I would also wonder if it should be here at all. ----DuncanDaHusky(talk) 01:20, 20 October 2006 (UTC)
We hope to become a convention of furs. I orginally added this post when Wikifur was just getting started - mainly to fill some room onto the page. If someone wants to move it off of the convention list that's fine! But is there another place where it can go? Where? Thank you! - Kody Wolf
- There hasn't been so much as a peep on the internet about the upcoming May 4-6, 2007 weekend. Is this event really happening? --Frizzy 19:41, 17 April 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks, that was a helpful find. "Fur Camping Con" been hard to Google since this event has only been identified on the web as "Fur Weekend Camping & BBQ." Perhaps a name change is in order for this article? --Frizzy 08:33, 19 April 2007 (UTC)