Talk:Eyes of the Night
I think the illustration is well known enough, visually and history wise, to stand on its own article - Spirou 16:30, 26 November 2011 (EST)
Concur: being the recordholder for money-paid-for-such-a-thing is noteworthy enough that having its own article is fine. Probably deserves a subheader in Goldenwolfs's article with that "Main article: such-and such" template. Krinn 16:47, 26 November 2011 (EST)
- Not my opiion, but sure. However, wow do we not need a See also to articles that are related only by also being about individual images. -- Sine 17:30, 26 November 2011 (EST)
- I put the "See also" to links related articles to it, in this case, the best known images in Furry Fandom. There is no template for this category (too little articles), and I think is the best way to introduce casual readers to other known furry imagery - Spirou 17:35, 26 November 2011 (EST)
- Then create a template if you must, or a category. "These are also articles about images" is wildly not closely enough related to the topic. -- Sine
- Done - Spirou 17:57, 26 November 2011 (EST)
- Yay for those who like templates making templates! Thanks. -- Sine 18:33, 26 November 2011 (EST)
Gender of artist: Relevant?
I normally wouldn't comment on a minor edit, but suspect this one will draw some controversy.
I removed mention of the artist's gender because it's irrelevant to the article, and I feel that its inclusion encourages ghetto-ization of female artists. --Tom Howling 13:40, 23 January 2012 (EST)
- No, actually is quite relevant due to a couple facts, the name is gender neutral, and that, contrary to specific stereotypes, it informs the Wikifur reader that there are indeed A) furry females artists in the fandom, and B) furry females that draw well and professionally (Wikipedia has no problem woth it). How about the transgender artists/fans that have written their article announcing (they) their gender? (or to topic, the female ones).
- I don't see a lot of pros to have a reason to eliminate vs the cons, unless you make an extremely valid case (I don't see isolation on information), I will revert to original. Other voices are welcome to chime in - Spirou 15:28, 23 January 2012 (EST)
- There's a link to the article about the artist. I'm not bothered either way. -- Sine 16:14, 23 January 2012 (EST)