Hello Agahnim, you removed text from BullGator article with edit Summary ".. this claim has been discussed at an actual paleontology forum and shown there to be a fabrication". I'm hoping you can provide a link to that forum discussion. --EarthFurst 00:21, 27 June 2007 (UTC)
- The forum where it was discussed is Gondolend. I don’t think the discussion itself is accessible anymore though, since after a short time BullGator began sending e-mail threats to its administator Will Svensen, until Mr. Svensen finally deleted the thread just to make BullGator leave him alone. I’ll quote the private message Mr. Svensen sent me about this in which he explained it:
- “He's been emailing me, but the only way that influenced me to delete the thread was to shut him up. I'm well aware of how empty the majority of e-threats are, so I'm not the least bit intimidated by some whiny douchebag from the UK. He's emailed me once after I deleted the thread and banned him from the forums, but I haven't bothered to read what he has to say.”
- I can also summarize the discussion about this, since I was one of the main people who participated in it. It consisted of two main points. The first is that although there are several members of Gondolend who read the scientific journals where BullGator’s research would be published if he had done any, no research published anywhere has ever been cited to him. The other is that when I first encountered BullGator in summer of 2004, he was claiming that he was about to begin writing his Ph.D thesis, which would be published in fall of 2005. Fall of 2005 has now come and gone, and in March of this year BullGator made a LiveJournal post in which he claimed that he’s nearly finished with the preliminary analysis he would need to perform before beginning to write his thesis. Although his thesis was supposed to be finished in around 16 months, after three years he’s apparently made no progress at all.
- You can PM one of the other members of Gondolend if you need someone else to confirm this, but it’s worth keeping in mind that most of the people there aren’t furries, so they may not be interesting in helping contribute to this article. --Agahnim 21:27, 27 June 2007 (UTC)
message to EarthFurst: user Agahnim is a well known troll (see earlier version of his own wikifur entry for an idea) and his trollbait has been removed from the "BullGator" entry. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by BullGator (talk • contribs) .
- You are not permitted to remove other people's words from the discussion of this article. Please do not do so in the future. Everyone has the right to speak here. If you wish to challenge his assertions, you are welcome to do so, but you may not remove them. --GreenReaper(talk) 15:05, 21 June 2008 (UTC)
- Okay, I was not aware of any such policy and naturally assumed that any and all trollbait was meant to be removed on sight; sorry for any misunderstanding in that respect.
- For the record, in response to the troll Agahnim's rather odd claims:
- (1) for the record I have a staff directory hyperlink that proves my current part-time research associate status at the university I attend, but am loathe to post it here as to be frank I do not want my real name associated with a fandom that I have no serious connection with beyond a couple of friends. I believe that the withholding of RL names is allowed under this wiki's regulations so my wishes would seem to be reasonable.
- (2) in regard to the comments regarding the now-defunct "Gondolend" forum, a while back the troll Agahnim posted a classic 'flame bait' message that I was falsifying research, etc., though rather than respond to it and give the troll the attention so craved, I simply contacted the site owner Will Svensen and requested removal of the thread as per the board's TOS to which he agreed. No 'threats' of any kind were made (there was no need nor desire) and our exchange was cordial of which full email documentation is archived.
- (3) as I am sure any intelligent reader can easily figure out, the reason no research has appeared in any journal is that the work remains in progress and the troll (who somewhat ironically flunked college!) clearly has no idea as to how long it actually takes to complete complicated and multi-tiered thesis work on a part-time basis (prelim prep began in early 2005, actual degree research started in late 2006 and is ongoing).
- Anyhow GreenReaper I thank you for the update regarding policy and I trust this matter is now closed. --BullGator
- Lol, flunked college? Neither Agahnim or I have ever flunked out of college, so I have no idea where you're getting that. You're completely making it up. Also, Agahnim's quote from Will Svensen about the Gondolend issue (might I remind you that BullGator is BANNED from Gondolend) makes it clear that this "cordial exchange" is a fabrication.
- In addition, the university website BullGator is referring to does not actually have any information about research associated with this user. It has a comprehensive search feature and it appears that searching for his full name brings up a staff profile page listing him as a "post graduate student" with no other information.
- I hardly think that withholding information for fear of being outed as a furry is justifiable evidence for something not only unprovable but apparently false. --Ferahgo 05:10, 3 December 2008 (UTC)
- Note to admin - Vandalism attempt by troll repaired, request for `DNP made, this troll will be dealt with in my own manner in due course as I simply do not have the time for this childish nonsense. --BullGator
- Editing a point with valid evidence is hardly trolling or vandalism. --Ferahgo 09:36, 3 December 2008 (UTC)
The subject of this article has made a request for exclusion. Unless there is a good reason for it not to take place, I will implement this exclusion within 24 hours. --GreenReaper(talk) 01:48, 4 December 2008 (UTC)
Deletion of public talk pages on excluded talk pages
Last I saw, these were left up, and protected at least, have we change the rules on it (specially if it deletes public comments and posts). - Spirou 23:47, 5 December 2008 (UTC)
- Not that I'm aware of. Readers should bear in mind that comments on this page referring to the article's subject do not have the authority of WikiFur, but of the people who posted them. --GreenReaper(talk) 00:31, 6 December 2008 (UTC)
- Okay =) Should we set a protection to Sysop to prevent spam/trolling at least, or leave it open to further comment (all though, if excluded, I can see the article's users wishing no more activity related to it). - Spirou 03:31, 6 December 2008 (UTC)