From WikiFur, the furry encyclopedia.
Do we really need an individual city page? I don't think there's a real need; after all, there's always a fulltext search... Wesha 18:57, 8 Sep 2005 (UTC)
- I would tend to agree. Otherwise, we're also looking at pages for Boston, New York City, Atlanta, Austin, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, etc. This would fall more under Category:Regional, I should think.--Duncan da Husky 19:01, 8 Sep 2005 (UTC)
- IMHO, all the real-world geographical locations belong to [[Wikipedia:...]]. -- Wesha 19:04, 8 Sep 2005 (UTC)
- If a signifcant amount of furry things happens there, why not have a page about it here? Sebkha has linked many pages to Brisbane, and explained Brisbane's large furry community. Almafeta 19:06, 8 Sep 2005 (UTC)
- Significant amount of furry things happens just about everywhere -- though not everyfur knows about that. I don't see why Brisbane would be more equal than others. Again, if one wants to find all the events happening in city X, that's what search is for. -- Wesha 21:20, 8 Sep 2005 (UTC)
- In my opinion, any topic is fair game for Wikifur as long as it's covering that topic in a furry context. By this argument, we wouldn't need species articles, either. Brisbane is only "more equal" than others because someone put the effort into writing about it. That's all you can say about any topic.
- There might be a slight cultural gap here, as well. Australia is subtly different from the US. The population is much smaller, and that population is localized into a relatively few large, widely separated cities. This carries over to the fandom, resulting in a local scene which is fragmented into pockets with their own little autonomous subcultures. Rather than a significant amount of furry happening just about everywhere, it happens only in these pockets. --Sebkha 00:40, 9 Sep 2005 (UTC)
- I originally removed one of the links that was trying to make this article as we do have a policy of generally linking to places on Wikipedia, not here. Since this article does have some merit I won't vote for its deletion, however I will rename it to just the city name as it looks wrong having the full city and country as one link when in future we might wish to start talking about countries. --Nidonocu - talk 00:55, 9 Sep 2005 (UTC)