Archive from Sep 2005 to Apr 2006
Someone went to a lot of effort to assemble The Banrai Files, alleging Banrai as a plagiarist. I'm not really sure exactly how interpret the wiki's policy of not harming people in a case like this, so I'll just err on the side of making the link obscure, here in the Talk section. -- Sebkha 11:12, 7 Sep 2005 (UTC)
- See if you can research it further before you link it and contact the people involved and mentioned. Maybe even contact the person themselves though that might be further down the list of people to talk to so we don't end up with another Blanked article. o_o Ensure and explain to everyone you are trying to tell the story with a neutral point of view and what the wiki stands for. Try and then present the balanced sides of the argument. It doesn't have to be a lot, something even as small as a paragraph as long as its well constructed saying something like, this was alleged and claimed by party x after event y. Website z was created and lists thing and stuff. Subject p continues to refute the claims, citing that party x had previous doing t and that events y and q are fictitious. Then place a link under External Links with 'Claims by Party x over the events of y'. --Nidonocu - talk 11:24, 7 Sep 2005 (UTC)
Sept. 9 Edit
Here's the line I removed...
- On Sept 9th she mistakenly deleted a page on Wikifur, and is now being scrutinized for it.
I just don't see where something like that belongs in a WikiFur entry. Carl Fox 03:12, 14 Sep 2005 (UTC)
- After reading through The Banrai Files, and seeing that not only did she blank the talk page for Altaedeus, but then replaced the contents with her own version of events, I do not believe it was an accidental deletion. I believe it was in fact an attempt to stifle discussion on the subject. --Dmuth 14:14, 14 Sep 2005 (UTC)
- Speaking of edits.. Where did we lose the paragraph on her association with Altaedeus?: --126.96.36.199 19:15, 14 Sep 2005 (UTC)
Hey Banrai, this is Ashley (Junkupshowup) please do not talk about me in your page. I do believe you have more interesting information about yourself than any problems you have with me, so please leave me out of it.
- Facts should be left. I don't see a problem with what's listed. --Banrai 10:31PM EST, 18 APR 2006
- I think "drama" should be left off of actual entries, as each side has its own opinion and there's not really a "factual" side to it from a neutral standpoint. I personally think it should be moved to your User page. Spaz Kitty 04:34, 19 April 2006 (UTC)
- Banrai, if you want facts then why not let "The Banrai Files" in on your page also since that has tons of research compared to your recollection of some useless drama. Also, removing that picture that has me from your page, it was taken with my camera and has me in it and I do NOT want it here or anywhere.
- 'The Banrai Files' are over and done with, I apoligized for what happened and it's over. I'm really sorry that's the only leg you have to stand on. Now please, stop trolling my page. As for your removal of the image, that's fine. I'll just substitute it for one taken with my camera. But I do ask that you remove that photo, as well as all the artwork of mine you have hosted, from your photobucket account. --Banrai
- Spazkitty, how can events that actually happened _not_ be factual? I changed some of the wording with help of a neutral 3rd part, to make it as neutral as possible. Simple facts were stated, it only go ta little wordy due to the need for some explination. I'm in the process of consulting GR on this. --Banrai 6:06PM EST, 19 APR 2006
- I find the fact that you changed it to "BITCH HERE" when I commented on your improper spelling further proof that you are trying to start drama.
Furry Cruise 2005: Bahamas
I'm discomfited by the Furry Cruise 2005: Bahamas section, which seems gossipy and of little relevance. -- Sine 05:57, 20 April 2006 (UTC)
- I agree. See my comment above. Spaz Kitty 16:28, 20 April 2006 (UTC)
Banrai has requested that edits to this page be restricted under the terms of our personal information policy. I intend to implement this protection within a day or so unless consensus is otherwise. Your thoughts are welcome. --GreenReaper(talk) 06:44, 20 April 2006 (UTC)
- I can see very few edits which were made by someone other than Banrai herself or known Wikifur uses (most of them admin). I don't understand why the article needs to be protected. -- Sine 07:01, 20 April 2006 (UTC)
- I can see absolutely no reason for protection for this page. In the slew of edits that have been made, there is only one (one!) which alters the content in a way that Banrai may disagree with. I would remind her of the text at the bottom of every edit page: If you don't want your writing to be edited mercilessly and redistributed at will, then don't submit it here. ----DuncanDaHusky(talk) 12:06, 20 April 2006 (UTC)
- I've requested this protection, per this section of the Personal Information policy. My reasoning is that, frankly, it makes me uncomfortabble that any joe schmo can come along and write whatever they'd like on my page. I've allowed the inclusion of some 'potentially negitive' information about myself, due to the fact that it IS teh wiki way, but I want that information left-be. GreenReaper knows my feelings on this, and if anyone else wants a more detailed explination they're more than welcome to go to my userpage and get my contact information to discuss it further. -- Banrai 09:09, 20 April 2006 (EST)
- I think it should only be protected if the "gossip"-y parts from the convention blurbs are removed, as mentioned by Sine above. Spaz Kitty 16:30, 20 April 2006 (UTC)
- I don't think it should be protected given the nature of this person, also if it must be then why not remove all the gossip first? I don't think whining about Junkupshowup belongs on here. If people want to whine about me why not do it on my discussion page?
- The very real events that happened between you and myself are not gossipy, it's simply a statement of the facts of what happened. I'm sorry you can't live with what you did, sweetie, but I forgive you that. Facts are the Wiki way, after all. -- Banrai
On the last evening of the cruise Junkupshowup became very rude with Banrai and attempted to cause a scene. Banrai returned to Junkupshowup's mother who, upon hearing the situation, promptly went and reprimanded her daughter. Afterword, junkupshowup's mother came to the room Banrai and her daughter shared, and packed Junkupshowup's things and prepared them for exiting the ship. Later that evening Junkupshowup burst into the room, shouting and threatening Banrai. Banrai was forced to have ship security remove Junkupshowup from the room.
Junkupshowup had been passing around a sketchbook that was not hers during the cruise.
Junkupshowup used the aforementioned cellphone to call Kasan and inform him that she had not seen Banrai since they had left the docks.
She quickly ran when she discovered whom she had ran into. Later she approached Korrok and told her that Banrai was 'violent' and she was 'scared of her'.
- Sorry, but just claiming that the events didn't happen doesn't make the truth go away. I changed the name to make it more vauge, however I regret to say that your name is still left as being my room mate. goD knows next you'll be claiming you were never my room mate to begin with. Also, could you please learn to sign your posts. It's really not that hard, and if you need help you can always look here: Help. -- Banrai 20 APR 2006 8:16PM EST
- Funny, I thought you were the one who said a certain person was never your room mate . . .
- At this point it appears to be one person's word against another person's word. This is not a good situation to be in. Do either of you have proof of what you are claiming, or are we just going to have to go to "person X says Y, while person Y disagrees?" For example, is Korrok willing to say anything here? First-person testimony is somewhat more reliable. --GreenReaper(talk) 01:00, 21 April 2006 (UTC)
- I've dropped Korrok a note, she should be replying soon. Kasan would also be more than pleased, I'm sure, to put in his account of what happened, both as he spoke to me about what was happening while I was ON the cruse, the phoning afterword from the allegedly stolen cellphone, as well as the happenings at FWA. --Banrai
- Kasan here. The parts that I can validate completly, are first, junkupshowup called me at about 3 in the afternoon on the departing day of the cruise from her personal cellphone, stating that Banrai needs severe psyciatric counseling. When i asked her where Banrai was, she simply replied "Not a clue, i left her at the dock". I later learned from airport security that Banrai had been abandonded at the dock, and that Gobby's mom had left her cab fare. This I learned after about a 2 hour panic. Fast forward to FWA. Whilest in suit, Gobby confused me for Korrok and wasn't pleased to learn I wasn't Korrok but was instead Banrai's husband. She ran pretty quick after that. That occured in the Artists alley infront of a few dozen furs. (Anjel Kitty and Ahkanna that I remember, and knew who they were)--Kasan April 20, 10:09pm EDT
- At FWA 2006, I spoke with Junkupshowup in the Artists Alley on Friday night. We spoke about the convention, however she changed the subject to my room-mate Banrai. I suggested that she try to talk things out with Banrai to calm the waters (no pun on the Furry Cruise intended), and she told me that she didn't want to approach Banrai because she "has a history of violence" and she was scared to do so. Shortly after I took my leave as I was uncomfortable hearing my room-mate talked about in this way. So whatever you do with the article, whether this information is pertinent or not, I can certainly assure that it is accurate. -- Korrok
I don't understand why there needs to be any information other than that Banrai attended such and such an event, possibly with the note that her sketchbook disappeared. The rest doesn't strike me as relevant or of any particular interest. -- Sine 03:03, 21 April 2006 (UTC)
http://comments.deviantart.com/5/7271358/198912413 includes Banrai mocking me about my father raping me and talk about the furry cruise.
Following is my exact Deviantart Journal entry from after the cruise concerning what happened, including a comment by Kasan: --- Furry Cruise!
Journal Entry: Sat Dec 10, 2005, 10:55 AM I swear i'm alive busy busy busy
Mood: PCD Listening to: Mulan - "I'll make a man, out of you"
It was a total blast and a half!
Snorkeling, taking pictures, karaoke, suiting, raffle, BINGO, walking, haggling, partying, dancing!
Latin Vixen did such a wonderful job organizing everything, I believe we all had a total blast. Bahamas and Key West, so fun! I really look forward to next year where dammit I will bring Rachel, Cody or Karen! Maybe all three ;d!
I met so many nice furs, I can't wait to visit the Calgary furs and San Jose furs! Hopefully we'll all see eachother before next december because they were all so cool I totally don't want to go that long without seeing them.
Eagle Beagle, Zot, Margo, Eddi, Rory, Blazer, Smudge, Yappy Fox, Banshee, Kinky Turtle, Blaez, Seawolf, Silver, Faustus, Growl, LV, Adam, and all the others!
--- There were some problems that arose with someone manipulating my mother after an argument but Zot and Margo understood along with everyone else that it was totally uncalled for. Money was given to the person to travel their seperate ways since they had spent all of theirs and their signifigant other called to make sure they got home safely.
Comment View: Deviant: ~softsnowleopard (#198898142) Date: Dec 10, 2005, 7:48:20 PM Excuse me? I did NOT call you to check and see if she was ok. YOU called me telling me how crazy she was and needed her medicine AFTER I'd already heard from people on the cruise about how your behavior has prompted the next cruise to be 21 and up, and invite only. Manipulated your mother? Tama told us about how you treat your own mother. You can spread whatever malarky around the internet you want, but so far the people in that room all agree that YOU screwed up, except for the few that you yourself manipulated into thinking you did nothing wrong by trying to start an argument with my wife.
It's a shame your burning bridges quick.
Tama wants his sketchbook back and foryou to stop claiming his art is yours. (Something ELSE you screwed upon)
Your really 16 with stomach cancer? Wow. They don't dostomach reduction surgery for cancer patients. A close friend of mineis dieing from it along with his two kids. They do stomach reduction surgery because you get so fat that you can die because your blood can't circulate. Reply
Deviant: =JunkUpShowUp (#198901570) Date: Dec 10, 2005, 8:01:25 PM Myself (7:50:46 PM): I'm sorry to bother you but I have a question. Myself (7:51:17 PM): Andrea's husband has told me "I'd already heard from people on the cruise about how your behavior has prompted the next cruise to be 21 and up, and invite only. " Myself (7:51:22 PM): Is this true? FCruise Organizer (7:51:23 PM): About FCruise Organizer (7:51:46 PM): No FCruise Organizer(7:53:37 PM): Just be careful in the future with roomies FCruise Organizer (7:53:53 PM): About the cruise? Myself (7:54:01 PM): Yes FCruise Organizer (7:54:30 PM): best to do is ignore and all the cruise info will be posted on lj FCruise Organizer (7:54:38 PM): No age restrictions as of yet Myself (7:55:01 PM): okay, I just would please like to know if I am not invited back from you personally before I hear it from other people. FCruise Organizer (7:55:30 PM): Ur fine and u would hear back from me :-) FCruise Organizer (7:55:53 PM): trust me they r just scaring u FCruise Organizer (7:55:54 PM): With lies Myself (7:56:12 PM): okay i'm sorry it's just, I really didn't mean to cause any trouble and I really really am so sorry...My mom agreed to make a formal apology if anyone wants it. FCruise Organizer (7:56:54 PM): Hey its cool :-) just don't bring it up on the cruise lj FCruise Organizer (7:57:14 PM): Ur fine in my book FCruise Organizer (7:57:24 PM): I just hate drama hehehe FCruise Organizer (7:58:13 PM): I did not like banrais post so I might erase that Myself (7:58:43 PM): Okay, I actually didn't, I didn't even mention her name in my report about the cruise. I just was trying to mention to her that the community is not for drama FCruise Organizer (7:59:08 PM): Exactly Sorry, but I believe you have been misinformed about their being an age restriction and my banning.
Also I meant that I called you, not that you called me.
Also Tama talked to me and he really doesn't give a gosh darn about the sketchbook we shared.
I can ask my mother to make a statement once she returns from out of town. I'm trying to contact Zotcoon and Tigrekat about the exact events of the Furry Cruise also, to see if they would like to say anything.
- Still not made up your mind yet? Sorry, but this load of garbage is pretty irelevent to this. If you want to talk about how daddy didnt or did rape you, or about how you hate your mum, do it on your own page. Stop trolling for drama. --Banrai 6:25AM 21 Apr 2006