Talk:Bandit the Raccoon
When did we start using infoboxes for users? (Curator/Colleague question)
or we are not?. Info from a Colleague will be helpful - Spirou 01:24, 8 October 2011 (EDT)
- So, it's up to the user, but it's not set on stone (several thousand user pages seem to agree with it),... Normally there is not enough info to fill one of these to begin with, and the lack of user's image 98% of the time makes it almost useless, you are right,... But, in the event that it becomes to pass (IF), could it at least match the rest of Wikifur's info boxes' theme (i. e. Fur Affinity)?. Just a thought - Spirou 04:04, 8 October 2011 (EDT)
- That edit Spirou did was actually invalid in my opinion towards greymuzzles, if a person born in the 1990's is not a greymuzzle, then why does it say that a greymuzzle is also "Any person who has been in the fandom for a certain period of time (5, 10, 15 years);" on the page? If that is on the page of what defines a greymuzzle, it is allowed on this page as part of the description of the person. Jalgo 14:19, 1 April 2011
I've read the Furry Book of Style article, but am still unsure as to why this page was tagged again (e.g. Clean up and wikify), if I am formatting something incorrectly, I do not know what exactly I did wrong, and would like assistance on this so my future articles don't get tagged. Jalgo 16:50, 25 April 2013
- Biography section, how to properly format reference links, formatting/use of proper album/song infoboxes, "Convention" section on "Fandom involvement", unnecessary internal links, redundancy data (Prancing Skiltaire appearances), duplicate links, Section name (Music>Discography),... among others. You are not forced to immediately jump to it after the tags are added, it's just a reminder for editors that further work is needed, nothing more. Hope this helps - Spirou 00:40, 26 April 2013 (EDT)
- In the references the first 3 say "Retrieved ?", but all references were retrieved for this in the same day. I spent a day gathering them up together, same was for some other pages I was about to edit, so what is it there for in the first 3? Also, I don't know what you saw wrong with the album/song boxes, they seemed to be fine to me. Is everything else ok? I also noticed unnecessary ""s in the references, which was my fault and I'll remove them since they don't make a difference. Also, He has requested that "Sebonde Actrile" to NOT be used at the top of his bio as a "also known as" alias, since he was never really known by that name, it was experimental. Jalgo 00:51, 26 April 2013
- There is a "?" On the first three only because the date that it was retrieved should replace the "?". As for rest of the refs links, they should watch this format, but, I just started the formatting on just the three. No chance to convert all refs at once (RL life), don't know yet when you added them (probably viewable on the article's history page), but this can give an example of how the rest should look if you want to go ahead and do it yourself for the moment if another editor can not get to it.
- Song infoboxes. I can steer you to an article that have them formatted per Wikipedia standards (which we try to use as a base template), again, just running behind on real life chores to search the pertinent article.
- Alias. We did not have no way to know that, but that is easily editable. There nothing you may have done wrong, by the by, just an ongoing format that all articles go through, that's all. -Spirou 04:13, 26 April 2013 (EDT)
- Song info boxes, the article would be awesome thanks, though last time I was viewing an artists discography, it looked exactly the same way. I did however re-view this and noticed they no longer use the boxes on wikipedia, so I will remove them and go by the way wikipedia has done it. I will make one edit today to the discography, and then to the refs, if something else seems out of place, please let me know here so I can work on it more. I will be using all of this advice in the next few articles I write (e.g Daniel the Panda, Flash the Fox, The Raccoon's Den), I had shortened all of them to only display what has been publicly shown elsewhere so the articles are smaller and more to the point! Jalgo 15:50, 26 April 2013