Talk:AC in SL
From WikiFur, the furry encyclopedia.
- Have a mention of it on the AnthroCon entry? Spirou 03:19, 15 March 2007 (UTC)
- Hmm, in my opinion AC in SL would be fine if it was shortened (and improved) with editing. I'm reminded slightly of Category:Proposed conventions. Perhaps Theyain Riyu can move some bits to an external link? --EarthFurst 03:47, 15 March 2007 (UTC)
- I'm not sure it should be here, either. It seems more like an attempt to use WikiFur as a webhost, which it is not. On an unrelated note, I find the concept of "anonymous voting" to be highly amusing. --Douglas Muth 04:03, 15 March 2007 (UTC)
- ok, let's say it takes off or whatever. If it does, I'm all in favor of hacking it down to "Anthrocon has an unofficial representation of the convention on Second Life, created by Theyain Ryu founded in 2006." Follow up with factual details, then throw it on Anthrocon's article. We must take care to remind it's totally unofficial or Mr. Ryu can be gotten on copyright infringement. Other than that, I say this gets winnowed down to barebones here. Get rid of the HELP WANTED section. Or just Speedy D if this has no presence outside of RL. Speaking of copyrights, is such a thing even authorized to exist without the knowledge and consent of Anthrocon? Does anyone know if anyone from Anthrocon, director or just staff member, is involved with this conception?--Kendricks Redtail 04:47, 15 March 2007 (UTC)
- Uh... copyright infringement? How exactly would creating a mockup of the Westin or David L. Lawrence Convention Center on SL be infringing on anyone's copyright?
- Also, as for "authorization", that's a non-issue. It's an unofficial project, and we have no direct involvement with it. We have no problems with it (or any other unofficial project, either. The only thing we ask is that our logo not be used, as it is not a registered Service Mark, and that the project not portray itself as being an official part of Anthrocon.) --Douglas Muth 15:25, 15 March 2007 (UTC)
Fine, happy? I got rid of the entire page >.< *grumbles as he leaves* --Theyain 20:52, 15 March 2007 (UTC)