Kannos (previously Starfinder and Astray) is an anthro artist who lives in Southern California, U.S.A. She creates very detailed images, usually digital. Her Inkbunny profile includes "Fursona Species: Wolf-Dog (Kannos), Coyote/Wolf (Star)" as of 2012. She listed her species as "Wolf-hybrid" on Fur Affinity; previously she represented herself as a CoyWolf.
Kannos is also a photographer specializing in portraits and the occasional nature shot.
Kannos (as Starfinder) was accused of taking money for commissions, conbadges, and sketches, and failing to deliver the final product. She was also accused of "losing" artwork and generally breaching contract.
Posts about Kannos/Starfinder on artists_beware have been made from 2003 through to 2011 by various posters. As of March 2011, there are 17 posts in that community tagged "artist-starfinder/-star-/astray/kannos". Of these, three posts are tagged "resolved".
Kannos asserted in 2007 that her recent track record with commissions had been good, with several satisfied customers and work completed on or before deadline. Recent commissions she was unable to finish have been refunded in full. In January 2007, she said that she was "working to resolve everything with everyone", and requested that anyone who had not received their commission promptly contact her and give a description of the unreceived piece so that she may complete it.  However, 2 months after her statement, customer complaints resumed.
Kannos was indefinitely banned from Fur Affinity on August 29, 2008 due to "repeated non-compliance with the rules regarding providing credit to very closely referenced sources and lack of communication regarding this matter." On January 27, 2009 an account -Star- was registered and contained artwork previously published under the name Starfinder; the account was later suspended.
In June 2010, a poster to artists_beware stated: "I've also been speaking with her over notes/IMs for a while about the other issues that have been brought up by other people, and she requested that I let everybody know that if you have an outstanding commission with her, that you should politely (emphasis here) send her a note on FA regarding said commission."
|I have been speaking with Dragoneer on FA about Starfinder and her scamming. He has told me he is making her give refunds, and that she will be banned if she doesn't, and doesn't give them in a reasonable timeframe.|
On May 8, kayla_la posted an update stating "Dragoneer has informed me that he is giving her until the 13th, next Friday, to make good progress or she will be banned."
Kannos's accounts, including Astray and hidden alt diesel.dog, were banned (marked "Suspended") from Fur Affinity on May 15, 2011 after the artist failed to make any significant progress on her significant backlog of paid commissions.
On the day of her suspension she posted a journal claiming that the further delay was a result of unexpected vet bills and began to solicit further donations to help pay them.
|This was highly unexpected and has hit us very hard, especially since I have halted ALL new commissions (those who were on the queue before and I've spoken with are fine) until I can finish up my backlog work and be 100% caught up. So, in short, I am essentially unemployed until the backlog is done and have no source of income to recover from these bills. I hate to resort to asking for any sort of help/handouts, but at this point I don't have much of a choice.|
Dragoneer commented on May 15, 2011:
|The ban was placed earlier today, and we exchanged some e-mails back and forth. She didn't seem the least bit concerned about actually being banned, more upset about the fact I didn't permit her to accept new commissions on the site.
I don't know if the dog/vet thing is true, but what I do know is that any time she's pressured she has an excuse for everything.
On May 19th, Kannos posted to her Inkbunny account that she will be be "uploading work to this account again, starting with backlog stuff." Two days later, her journal post stated "I'm staggering it right now where I post a few backlogs, then take an equal or lesser amount of commissions, then more backlogs. That way it is fair. People get their art and I still can afford to eat and live. "
In August 2012 she posted:
|In light of recent events where a user has been going around and harassing my commissioners, trying to persuade them to not buy art from me because I 'don't deserve their money', despite my tried and true 'pay upon completion' policy and strong track record with it, I will now be changing my commission policy.
Anyone who wishes to reserve a slot for a commission must PM me to do it. Please do NOT comment on my journals anymore, since this person seems to like harassing those that do. I will also not post names in regards to who has a slot; instead I will simply mark the slot as 'Taken'.
In late October 2012, Kannos posted
|I'm also on Weasyl now, so stop by and check it out :)
I will be posting my newer stuff on both IB and Weasyl, but some of the older things won't be brought over to Weasyl just to keep the gallery from being too cluttered.
The profile on Weasyl is not available to "unsigned users".
- ↑ Kannos on Inkbunny. Retrieved June 28, 2012.
- ↑ Astray on Fur Affinity. Retrieved March 28, 2011.
- ↑ Wild Visions on Facebook
- ↑ Starfinder... - Post to Artists Beware from Midnight Fox (29 June 2005)
- ↑ Bad Artists! - Complaints from Cuprohastes (9 June 2006)
- ↑ About Starfinder - Post to Artists Beware from Banrai (8 August 2006)
- ↑ Do not commission Starfinder! - Post to Artists Beware from Alai Tallon (7 January 2007)
- ↑ Petition asking that Starfinder be prevented from selling art at Further Confusion
- ↑ Post on Lilymud by Sabarika (February 2002)
- ↑ Starfinder Commission? - Post to Artists Beware from Jurann (7 March 2008)
- ↑ Artists Beware tags. Retrieved March 28, 2011.
- ↑ Starfinder/Kannos resolved Artists Beware posts. Retrieved March 28, 2011.
- ↑ Trying to set things right. Comment posted by Starfinder January 8, 2007, on Artists Beware. Retrieved April 17, 2007.
- ↑ Re: Trying to set things right. Comment posted by Markarian March 25, 2007 on Artists Beware. Retrieved April 17, 2007.
- ↑ Starfinder. Thread on Fur Affinity forum, August 2008.
- ↑ http://www.furaffinity.net/user/-star-/ Retrieved May 15, 2011.
- ↑ RESOLVED: Badge from Starfinder/-Star-/Astray/Kannos. June 29, 2010 post by murdercrow on artists_beware. Retrieved March 28, 2011.
- ↑ Refunds from Starfinder. April 28, 2011 post by kayla_la to artists_beware. Retrieved April 28, 2011.
- ↑ April 28, 2011 comment by murasadramon. Retrieved April 28, 2011.
- ↑ Starfinder update. May 8, 2011 post by kayla_la to artists_beware. Retrieved May 14, 2011.
- ↑ Emergency Vet Bills. Fur Affinity journal entry posted by Astray. Retrieved May 14, 2011.
- ↑ May 15, 2011 comment by murasadramon. Retrieved May 16, 2011.
- ↑ Uploading here again! May 19, 2011 journal post on Inkbunny. Retrieved May 22, 2011.
- ↑ Six badge slots! May 22, 2011 journal post on Inkbunny. Retrieved May 22, 2011.
- ↑ Art + Commission Policy Change! August 10, 2012 journal post by Kannos on Inkbunny. Retrieved August 11, 2012.
- ↑ Come find me on Weasyl! October 29, 2012 journal post by Kannos on Inkbunny. Retrieved November 2, 2012.
- ↑ "Whoops! You cannot view this page because the owner does not allow unsigned users to view their profile." at https://www.weasyl.com/profile/kannos Retrieved November 2, 2012.