South Afrifur (convention)
The event saw 28 attendees, Activities included a welcoming braai and speech on the first evening, a small artists alley on Saturday followed by a scavenger hunt, obstacle course and gladiator arena, a games and social evening (including cards against furmanity, Who's Hitler and a few others), followed by a movie night. On Sunday the convention had panels on furry literature and publishing (Erdwolf_TVL), Social Media and Furry.fm (Bravura from Switzerland, Ivic Wulfe and Scratch) and a panel on Fursuiting (Yote Fox). There was also a fursuit photoshoot, quiz afternoon and a raffle.
The convention's raffle raised R2140, which the organizing committee matched to make R4280 to donate to The Garden Route Wolf Sanctuary in Knysna. Scratch donated R2000 towards raffle prizes. Sudan Red also raised R2000 from commissions at the convention and donated R1000 to Pawsome Whacky Whiskers and R1000 to Wollies Animal Rescue.
The convention will again raise money for conservation. The Garden Route Wolf Sanctuary in Knysna has again been been highlighted as a possibility.
- South Afrifur official website
- South Afrifur website. Retrieved Feb 10, 2018.
- 2017 Venue on the South Afrifur website. Retrieved Feb 10, 2018.
- 2017 Convention Reports on the South Afrifur website. Retrieved Jan 14, 2018.
- 2018 When and Where on the South Afrifur website. Retrieved Feb 10, 2018.
- 2018 Venue on the South Afrifur website. Retrieved Feb 10, 2018.
|This entry about a convention is a stub - can you it?|