Silverfoxwolf has been around the furry world since 1995 and became much more active around 2001. More recently though he has been using a shortened name Silver. He is a fur from London, England. His fursona is a large anthromorpic wolf, often referred to as a werewolf.
Silver is an enthusiastic staffer and volunteer at multiple events and conventions in the UK. He attended Confuzzled in 2009, 2010, and 2011 as a volunteer, and joined the staff in 2012 as deputy medic and Con Ops assistant before becoming the Head of Medical and GSD Cutlass running the convention transport. Having joined ScotiaCon as the Head of Events he subsequently became the convention chair. In October 2012 Silver was made the medic for NordicFuzzCon, subsequently moving to main stage AV. He has also previously been part of the security team and first aider for Frantic Eufuria.
At conventions and events Silver has become known for playing cheese music. This is normally based on music from the 80's, 90's and songs from other eras that are bouncy in nature. Particularly suited to playing Dead Dog parties at the end of many conventions the music style choice is designed to help attendees finish the convention on a high note. Silver has taken to using the name Captain Cheese and artwork has been produced to support the name.
Silver owns two partial fursuits both of Collin the Collie the first one debuted at ConFuzzled 2011. The second version of Collin was completed in 2017. In addition nine full suits:
- Sergeant Growler, a German shepherd police dog which debuted at Confuzzled 2012.
- Silverfoxwolf, which debuted at Eurofurence 2012.
- Safetyfox, a red fox with high visibility markings which debuted at Confuzzled 2013.
- Rush, a red, black and white collie.
- Aziza, a white goat.
- LDV, a blue, red and silver husky.
- Kahn, a dark coloured sabre cat.
- Monza, a white, red and black lion.
- Radinov, a grey and white husky.
Collin (both versions), Sgt. Growler, Rush, Safetyfox and LDV were made by Made By Mercury who also refurbished Scratch. Silverfoxwolf was made by Qarrezel of Clockwork Creature Studio. Aziza and Kahn were made by Faruku. LDV is notable in featuring indicator ears which are set to the correct flash rate for a genuine LDV vehicle system. The flash system was designed and built by SuburbanFox. Monza was made in parts (head - Otter.n.daughter, bodysuit by Faruku and paws by Taya) and bought from Faruku in early 2018. Radinov was built by Mixedcandy and was bought in 2018.
SFW's previously owned suits:
- Scratch, a mongrel dog sold in 2014.
- Zantus, a black demon wolf sold in 2015. Zantus was made by SnowVolkolak.
Conventions and events
Silverfoxwolf has attended:
- ScotiaCon: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Confuzzled: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Eurofurence: 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017
- NordicFuzzCon: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018.
- Frantic Eufuria: 4 (Nov 2011), 5 (April 2012), 6 (Oct 2012), 7 (April 2013) & 8 (Feb 2014)
- Cologne Fur-Dance: 12 (Nov 2013), 15 (July 2015) & 16 (July 2016).
- Laercon: 2014/2015, 2015/2016, 2016/2017 & 2017/2018.
- Furry_Weekend_Holland: 2017, 2018.
- Great Furscape: 2014.
Outside the fandom
Outside of furry, Silver works for a large London bus company repairing and maintaining vehicle electrical systems. He has also volunteered with St. John Ambulance as a patient transport attendant which is partly how he came to be involved in furry events. For five years he also volunteered as a special constable with the Metropolitan Police progressing to become a special sergeant. However he left the police due to increasing pressure for specials to become regular officers and to concentrate more on the first aid volunteering. Silver practices amateur photography and has developed an interest in photographing architecture and landscapes.
|This person is a WikiFur user:|