SillyCon (Russian: ТупиКон; literally you-be-foolish/stupid con) is a furry convention founded in 2014 as a summer getaway, and hosted since at least 2016 at the "Aleksino-Istra" resort complex in Aleksino, north-east of Istra, Moscow Oblast, Russia.
SillyCon is something of a relaxacon; it is one letter away from stupor-con. The venue is in the countryside, with a large pond and small farm with trees nearby; there is a grill, disco a balloon party, and a sauna with a pool. Food and drinks are all-inclusive, while a bus is provided (for an additional price) to and from Moscow. The event is adults-only (notwithstanding day visits by small children under careful watch), and is chaired by Taffka and Llanowar (Llanowar Egnerion).
SillyCon 2014 took place September 20-22, the Friday being an optional early-arrival evening with no events; it was possible to stay in your own tent for one third the residential price. Only snacks and a barbecue dinner were provided; horse-riding was also a sign-up option. Llanowar (Ллан) and Taffka were staff for this instance. There were around 40 attendees.
SillyCon 2016 (also referred to as Autumn SillyCon or SillyCon 3.0) took place September 23-25 at the "Aleksino-Istra". Scheduled events included furry and non-furry board games, another Nerf skirmish, a treasure hunt, live concert from guest musicians, a disco, and an offline Pokemon hunt. Llanowar and Taffka were staff for this instance. There were 64 attendees.
SillyCon 2017 took place September 15-17. The theme was "Laughing Sawmill" and the mascot (originally identified as a dumpling/Пельмень during its creation) was a hyena. This was the fourth instance of SillyCon. Delayed payments occurred, causing the con to have to reconsider its lodgings; this would lead to a policy of late payments in future years. The BBQ, concert, disco, Nerf battle took place, as well as a LARP game, and a fire show. There were 76 attendees.
SillyCon 2018 took place September 7-9. The theme was "Cosmic Stupidity", and the year's mascot was a deer (for whom it was seen as "not fair" that it could not go into space because of the horns). Many artists created work along this theme, some of which was printed as posters displayed at the convention; the official T-shirt artist was ANGO76.
This year saw expansion, with three medium and one small cottages booked for sleeping, as well as the main venue. Most were double rooms, although it was possible to sleep three or four in some. LEGO-based name badges were used. Donations were possible, the higher levels leading to the ability to name a room, and to set a password on it so that only knows who knew it could select to join that room.
- Lead organizers: Taffka (Таффка) and Llanowar (Llanowar Egnerion)
- Technical: Moongwa (Мунгва) and Romero (Ромеро)
- Cook: Griseus (Серый)
- Support: КАОМ
SillyCon 2019 is scheduled for September 13-15. Despite having ~144 spots in total, in four separate cottages as well as the main venue, the event unexpectedly sold out in a matter of hours. The event has two mascots; an opossum and a bat. As of mid-May there are 122 confirmed attendees, with 163 registered as possible, including guests.
- Photo of grill - avikwolf, VK (September 10, 2018)
- Panorama of dance area - VK (September 10, 2019)
- Photo showing dance area - Marchi (Marihuanich), VK (September 10, 2018)
- SillyCon 2016 events post - SillyCon, VK (August 26, 2016)
- Venue photos showing cottages and sauna with pool - SillyCon, VK (August 1, 2016)
- SillyCon - Location and Prices. Archived October 14, 2018.
- "This year's SillyCon will be its fourth instance" (translation) - SillyCon, VK (July 25, 2017)
- SillyCon '18 bus - mash lion, VK (September 10, 2018)
- GreenReaper's conversation with Taffka.
- Photo of child in arms at SillyCon 2018 - avikwolf, VK (September 10, 2018)
- SillyCon - Organizers. Archived June 10, 2018.
- Tickets and pricing - SillyCon, VK (September 2, 2014)
- Photos of SillyCon 2014 - mash lion, VK (September 23, 2014)
- FAQ for SillyCon 2014 - Some Unions, VK (August 31, 2014)
- Photo of a buffet at SillyCon 2014 - Lozi Cheetah, VK (September 22, 2014)
- Photo of a group at SillyCon 2014 - Lozi Cheetah, VK (September 22, 2014)
- SillyCon 2014-15 photos - VK
- Post at the end of SillyCon 2015 - SillyCon, VK (September 20, 2015)
- Photo of Nerf guns - Patron Dj, VK (September 20, 2015)
- Photo of a group at SillyCon 2015 - Hisani Raii, VK (September 20, 2015)
- Тупикон 3.0 photo gallery - VK
- Autumn SillyCon - What, Where, When and Why - SillyCon, VK (August 1, 2016)
- Photo of the treasure hunt sheet - mash lion, VK (September 26, 2016)
- Post about the bus for SillyCon 2016 - SillyCon, VK (September 15, 2016)
- Photo of a group at SillyCon 2016 - mash lion, VK (September 25, 2016)
- SillyCon website. Archived September 26, 2017.
- Post explaining SillyCon 2017's theme - SillyCon, VK (August 13, 2017)
- Post regarding SillyCon 2017's mascot - SillyCon, VK (July 1, 2017)
- Post regarding late payment issues - SillyCon, VK (July 18, 2017)
- SillyCon website. Archived August 8, 2018.
- Announcement of SillyCon 2018 theme and mascot - SillyCon, VK (June 1, 2018)
- Post announcing SillyCon 2018 T-shirt - SillyCon, VK (June 30, 2018)
- Photo showing SillyCon 2018 badges - mash lion, VK (September 10, 2018)
- Explanation of registration - SillyCon, VK (June 3, 2018)
- "We have jumped the bar to 100 participants and continue to strive upwards. At the moment, all the places are sold out..." - SillyCon, VK (August 8, 2019)
- ТупиКон '18 - avikwolf, VK (September 10, 2018)
- Post regarding speed of registration - SillyCon, VK (March 31, 2019)
- SillyCon - Attendees (registration required). Retrieved May 12, 2019.
- SillyCon - official website
- SillyCon on VK
- SillyCon Announcements, Chat and SillyCon 2019 sticker pack (by MonsterCheetah) on Telegram