|This article needs to be cleaned up to conform to WikiFur style and standards.|
For specifics, check the and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for editing help.
Sibe, also known as EvilSibe, or Sibe Roo on FurNation Worlds (real name: Ross Herbert Reddick) is a member of the furry community who has participated in various newsgroups, image boards, and multiplayer worlds.
Trolling, wares and bans
Sibe gained widespread infamy in the furry fandom through his uncivil demeanor towards other fandom members, and his illegal distribution of the copyrighted works of several furry artists through the early 2000s. He has been been banned by Further Confusion and All Fur Fun. This apparently did not prevent him from continuing to attend, and allegedly, "cause more problems" for Further Confusion and other conventions. He was present with the knowledge of con staff at Conifur Northwest 2004.
Sibe has also been toaded from Tapestries MUCK on numerous occasions, initially due to harassment and advertisement of his pirated CDs, later compounded by organizing a DDoS on the MUCK server. According to WhiteWizard, "Nobody comes close to Sibe [on toading]. Sibe is how we find out about all the new free-mail sites."
- 8 September 1998: Sibe makes his first post onto the alt.lifestyle.furry newsgroup. The posting was about the first Conifur that occurred at the SeaTac Clarion Hotel in SeaTac, Washington. Claims were made in regards to Sibe's perceived discrimination against him for not wearing enough furry related things at Conifur. The truthfulness of the postings is in dispute.
- 19 January 1999: Sibe makes his first post in alt.fan.furry, again critical of the furry fandom for his treatment and launching attacks on furry lifestylers.
- 3 October 2001: Killen alleges that Sibe's disagreements with him resulted in the flooding of #northUKfurs on Yiffnet by Sibe's associates. Sibe has stated that although he has attacked other IRC channels in the past, he did not attack this one. Some instances of IRC downtime have been misattributed to Sibe in the past, for example an attack on #dragonyiff on FurNet that was led by Something Awful goons.
- 16 June 2005: Sibe was featured on ljdrama.org for "Sibeing" Munchie the kitsune after he traveled cross country to find what he thought was an older woman, who turned out to be a 14 year old boy. Sibe made a prank call with all of the parties involved.
- 13 September 2004: Sibe (as EvilSibe and any other identity he will ever create for the purpose) is permanently banned from the Something Awful Forums. His ban was due to his sarcastic comments to LowTax (The Something Awful SysAdmin) during the Brian Sek and The Kadaitcha Dancers "I'm being stalked by furries" thread.
- 18 July 2005: Sibe (as evilsibe) was suspended from LiveJournal.com for posting an image from the website thepiratebay.org which linked to the "fxc" encyclopedia 2004, a torrent that had 9.55 gigs of furry art in it, including the works of Ken Sample, Karabiner, Grimal, FoxxFire and many more. When he created a new journal to circumvent the suspension, he was permanently banned. He later moved to GreatestJournal.com, where his tag-line was sibeing the fandom one wag at a time.
- 28 May 2007: Sibe is permanently banned from the Fur Affinity's forums.
- 17 August 2007: Sibe reports that he is banned from FurJAM 2007 - possibly due to his promotion of a pirated copy of Softpaw #2 - despite having no intention to go to Australia for the event. This ban turned out to be fake, the e-mail being a doctored version of one the organisers of FurJAM sent to Australian fur Timon b. Who forwarded the mail to Sibe, and at what point Sibe's name appeared on it, are unclear, but Sibe's publicising of it had the effect of flooding the FurJAM forums and polls. The number of votes in the polls went from fifteen to over 100 in a period of 2 days, and as such sections of the site were closed.
- 26 June 2008: Sibe is placed on the "Omega" list at Anthrocon, effectively banning him from registering from the con. Sibe is now on a revolving ban with the two largest conventions in the country Further Confusion in California and Anthrocon in PA.
- 9 May 2009: Sibe is banned from All Fur Fun in Spokane, Washington. The reason for this ban appears to be due to him mistaking Lupercus as head of security for All Fur Fun for someone else he has had issues with in the past, and then defaming the head of security as that other person. This was done without apparent verification of the true identity of the head of security for the con. These events occurred after Tora Kiyoshi, one of the convention co-chairs, convinced other members of the AFF staff to let him attend.
- 9 November 2001: Nexxus temporarily closed FurNation,allegedly as the result of Sibe's pirating actions (which may have been based on FurNation archives). These were centered around #yiffnetbeats on Yiffnet, where Sibe and others offered files for download. The channel was initially designed to be a furry theme MP3 sharing channel. Ironically, Nexxus' post about the channel caused a spike in traffic, with over 50 users in one night and 5GB distributed in 8 hours by one serving user.
- 9 November 2003: One of [fxc]'s (Furries Exchanging Comics), the furry warez group that Sibe founded, had a home at irc.rizon.net #furryxdcc. Shortly after this date they released their first releases, including Furnation Magazine 1-4 , Fred Perry's folios and Max The Black Rabbit's Canine Portfolio. The group proclaimed that they were the premier group for scanning in commercial furry content. At one point there was a furry BitTorrent tracker up at www.f-x-c.net, which saw 3,000 individuals sign up world wide to download packs of scanned furry comics, retail art CD's and portfolios of the top artists in the fandom.
- 30 August 2004: Rabco Publishing (Rabbit Valley) files a claim against Sibe in Waltham, MA small claims court for $2,000 in damages for replication and distribution of copyrighted material. These damages are awarded on 14 December 2004, and the defendant is ordered to pay a total of $2,109.70 including legal fees and interest.
- 24 January 2005: A warrant is issued for Sibe's arrest by the trial court of Waltham, Massachusetts for failure to appear to the payment hearing from his default judgment against him by Rabbit Valley Publishing.
- 9/10 September 2005: "EvilSibe," with the opening paragraph:
|As of right now the Bellevue Police department is outside of my house serving a search warrant on my home, I cannot go anywhere and at any moment I could be arrested|
announces the possibility of his possible imminent "arrest."
In the post, he suggests that Rabco Publishing is behind this development, takes some jabs at Nexxus, and ends it by professing his love for his family and thanking his friends for being there for him. The reactions of his friends are mixed, with a few[who?] believing the post is a prank, to those[who?] who believed it to be factual, wondering what they can do to help.
It is this last reaction that forces Sibe to admit that the whole thing was "a gag and Im allright.[sic]" Again, reaction to this admission is mixed: from the "I knew it, Lol!," to the "How dare you deceive your friends that care for you!." For the last ones, Sibe had a simple response:
|Fuck em if they cant take a joke then|
- 13 January 2006: Sibe was verbally served with a restraining order through AAE, the parent non-profit corporation of Further Confusion, which effectively made all grounds of the Hotel hosting FC 2006 off limits to Sibe, under penalty of immediate arrest. The timing of the restraining order (starting on the 20th) was such that he was not able to contest it until 2 February 2006, well after the convention was over. The result was that he did not attend the convention, despite suggestions from others that he was present, and in contrast to previous years (in which Sibe had been banned, but still attended).
- 07 July 2008: Sibe announced that he is going to file charges against "Wikifur" and GreenReaper for violating breach of privacy laws and refusing to remove fraudulent defamatory and damaging remarks about him.
- ↑ Tapestries MUCK forum discussion on Sibe and "Toading" (retrieved [date unknown])
- ↑ Log of the attack alleged to be by Sibe on #northUKfurs (retrieved [date unknown])
- ↑ Furnation down, pending copyright violation investigation - Flayrah News, published 8 November 2001 (retrieved [date unknown])
- ↑ [Statement entered by article user]
- The latest on Sibe, an alt.fan.furry posting from 2002 by Brian Floyd about Sibe's actions.
- Various newsgroup postings by Sibe (not a complete archive)
- Sibe's criminal record
- Rumors spread - Sibe behind bars? at Flayrah
- An interview of Sibe by RuheMaus
- My conifur 2004 experience
- The first audio message of the intent of serving Sibe with an restraining order through AAE on behalf of Further Confusion.
|This person is a WikiFur user:|