|First iteration||15-17 July, 2011|
|Photos, videos, reports: ScotiaCon resources|
|ScotiaCon guests of honour|
ScotiaCon (pronounced "Sko-sha-con") is a UK furry convention, the first to be held in Scotland. ScotiaCon UK Ltd. is registered as a private company limited by guarantee, no. 07290014 (incorporated June 21, 2010).
ScotiaCon was originally planned to be held around Easter 2010. with ThrashWolf as chairman, Ixis as co-chair, Xenon as treasurer and Kanibal responsible for the website development. It was to be held at the Ramada Jarvis hotel, Inverness, with three ticket types - the basic attendee "MacRegular" for £55 and two enhanced options - the "MacPremium" priced at £65, and the "MacSponsor" priced at £99.
The convention was put on hold however when Thrashwolf left for personal reasons.
In July 2010, ScotiaCon was relaunched under new management, with Smirnoff and Black Wolf as co-chairmen. The website went live in July 2010, and announced the new date of the convention as July 15-17, 2011, to be held at the Ramada Jarvis hotel in Inverness (now known as the Mercure Inverness).
- ↑ ScotiaCon UK Ltd. company details on Company Check website. Retrieved August 31,2012
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Scotland to get its first furry convention - posted by The Chained Wolf on February 18, 2099 in the FurteanTimes.com. Retrieved August 31, 2012
- ↑ ScotiaCon's website up-and-running - posted by The Chained Wolf on April 12, 2009. Retrieved August 31, 2012
- ↑ ScotiaCon 2011 general thread - Posted by Smirnoff on July 15, 2010 on UKFur. Retrieved August 31, 2012.
- ↑ ScotiaCon resets date, website - posted by Shining River on July 19, 2010. Retrieved August 31, 2012.
 See also
- ScotiaCon website
- ScotiaCon Forums
- ScotiaCon Gallery
- ScotiaCon on Twitter
- ScotiaCon on Live Journal
- ScotiaCon on UKFur
- Mercure Inverness hotel website