|First iteration||15-17 July, 2011|
|Resources||Photos, videos, reports: ScotiaCon resources|
|ScotiaCon guests of honour|
ScotiaCon (pronounced "Sko-sha-con") is a UK furry convention, the first to be held in Scotland. ScotiaCon UK Ltd. is registered as a private company limited by guarantee, no. 07290014 (incorporated June 21, 2010).
ScotiaCon was originally planned to be held around Easter 2010. with ThrashWolf as chairman, Ixis as co-chair, Zenon as treasurer and Kanibal responsible for the website development. It was to be held at the Ramada Jarvis hotel, Inverness, with three ticket types - the basic attendee "MacRegular" for £55 and two enhanced options - the "MacPremium" priced at £65, and the "MacSponsor" priced at £99. The convention was put on hold however when Thrashwolf left for personal reasons.
In July 2010, ScotiaCon was relaunched under new management, with Smirnoff and Black Wolf as co-chairmen. The website went live in July 2010, and announced the new date of the convention as July 15-17, 2011, to be held at the Ramada Jarvis hotel in Inverness (now known as the Mercure Inverness).
In 2014, prompted by the need for more conventions space, Scotiacon relocated to the Mercure Hotel in Livingston and as of 2016 continues to be held there.
- ScotiaCon UK Ltd. company details on Company Check website. Retrieved August 31,2012
- Scotland to get its first furry convention - posted by The Chained Wolf on February 18, 2099 in the FurteanTimes.com. Retrieved August 31, 2012
- ScotiaCon's website up-and-running - posted by The Chained Wolf on April 12, 2009. Retrieved August 31, 2012
- ScotiaCon 2011 general thread - Posted by Smirnoff on July 15, 2010 on UKFur. Retrieved August 31, 2012.
- ScotiaCon resets date, website - posted by Shining River on July 19, 2010. Retrieved August 31, 2012.
- ScotiaCon website
- ScotiaCon Forums
- ScotiaCon Gallery
- ScotiaCon on Twitter
- ScotiaCon on LiveJournal
- ScotiaCon on UKFur
- Mercure Inverness hotel website