Rusfurrence (Russian: Русфурренция; also known as RusCon or Russian Furry Conference) is an annual and biggest furry convention in Moscow, Russia, usually taking place as student holidays start, at the end of January - beginning of February.
Rusfurrence is fairly small compared to other furry conventions, but its attendance in recent years has grown to over 200 furs. Among the challenges to its continued growth are:
- lengthy and expensive travel for non-local furries
- overly restrictive hotel policies
- growing separation between different factions in the Russian furry fandom (art fans, therianthropes, lifestylers, etc.)
Convention staff changes from year to year.
- The first gathering began as Ukiwa's birthday party on February 26, 1999 with 6 attendees.
- The 2000 gathering occurred on January 2 with 8 attendees and Molly, a young lioness.
- RusCon 2001 was held from January 4 to 7 and attracted 23 registrants.
- RusCon 2002 was held from January 4 to 6, attracted over 40 guests, and was the last to be held at the Arbat cultural center.
- RusCon 2003 was held from January 9 to 12 and was the first to be held at the Zvenigorodskiy boarding house.
- Rusfurrence 2004 was held in mid-January and attracted 25 registrants and 16 guests.
- Rusfurrence 2005 was held from January 31 to February 6 and attracted about 60 to 70 participants with the option of staying 2, 4, or 6 nights.
- Rusfurrence 2006 was held from January 30 to February 5 and attracted 101 registrants. This event was the first to feature Russian fursuiters, Basil Lion and SimpleWolf.
- Rusfurrence 2007 was held from January 29 to February 4 at the Москвич ("Muscovite") recreation center in Moscow and attracted 106 registrants.
- Rusfurrence 2008 was held from January 28 to February 3 at the Zvenigorod boarding house (directions). Attendees had the option to arrive on the 28th, 30th or the 1st. Fees ran from 3800 rubles (~US$155) for two days sharing a regular room, to 13800 rubles (~US$560) for six days in a single luxury room. Guests could acquire day passes for 350 roubles/day. There were 116 registrants
- Rusfurrence 2009 was held in the Holiday Hotel "Rus", 18km from Moscow, Russia, from January 28 to February 1, 2009. The convention booked the entire hotel, and enjoyed the luxury of having no noise regulations. There were 169 registrants with at least 140 attendees present.
- Rusfurrence 2010 was held from January 26 to 31, 2010 in hotel Malahovka 12 km outside Moscow. There were 197 registered attendees (including 90 single-day "guests").
- Rusfurrence 2011 was held from February 1 to 6, 2011 at the Zvenigorodskiy boarding house. Attendees had the option of staying 2 or 5 nights. There were about 200 attendees in total, including registered participants, single-day guest and spontaneous participants, who paid their accommodation directly on the conference.
- Rusfurrence 2012 was held from January 31 to February 5, 2012, at the Zvenigorodskiy boarding house. Attendees had the option to stay two or five nights. Early arrival on January the 30 was also available. Rusfurrence 2012 introduced a security team, a room for fursuiters, and a furry-bar. There were 240 attendants: 145 full time participants and 95 single-day guests. There were about 50 fursuits (~25%).
- Rusfurrence 2013 was held over February 5-10, 2013, in the 4-star Avantel Club Istra hotel, and fully occupied a single standing block. Attendees had the option of staying two or five nights. This time, early arrival was not available.
 See also
- Rusfurrence.ru official website (English)
- Rusfurrence 2013 (English) (Russian)
- Rusfurrence 2012 (English) (Russian)
- Rusfurrence 2011 (Russian) (English translation)
- Rusfurrence 2010 (Russian) (English translation)
- Rusfurrence 2009 (Russian) (English translation)
- Rusfurrence 2008 (Russian) (English translation)
- Rusfurrence 2007 (Russian) (English translation)
- Rusfurrence 2006 (Russian) (English site)
- Rusfurrence 2005 (Russian) (English translation)
- Rusfurrence 2004 (Russian) (English translation)
- RusCon postings on LionKing.ru:
- Photos, videos, reports: Rusfurrence resources