Roxikat (real name John Barrett) is a furry artist. Roxikat character was created in 1995, and is the most-noted character and sometimes fursona of the artist. His published gay comics Game Boys are Cherry: a Game Boys short (in Genus Male #3 published in January 2004), Game Boys 2: RPG (in Genus Male #4 published in January 2005), Game Boys Summer Special (published by FurPlanet in July 2005) and Game Boys 3: Icarus in Genus Male #5 in 2006. John was a guest of honor at Feral! 2003, FA: United in 2007, Condition: Zero Hour in 2010, and Morphicon 2011.
Roxikat character is a well-endowed pink shemale cat, who has two completely different personas: "Good Roxi" and "Naughty Roxi." This is based on a joke in one of her adult folios of the same name, a parody of the Goofus and Gallant cautionary comics from Highlights magazine. Roxikat has been in several comics and drawings, both penned by her creator and by others. The first piece of fan art was from Ken Sample in 1995 and may have jumpstarted the character's popularity.
Roxikat was intended to be sweet and playful, almost childlike in her innocence. In John's own work, Roxi speaks in the third person and punctuates many of her sentences with a feline 'myah' sound (mee-yeah in one syllable), which sounds like the Ryo-ohki cabbit in the Tenchi Muyo! series. From 1996-1999, Roxi appeared in the Furthest North Crew APAzine (later posted on his VCL page) in a Trekky spoof comic story called Roxikat's Myah. Here he created his closer-to-life fursona Johnnykat and had cameos of friends and other fanzine contributors.
This version of Roxikat appears in the webcomics A Doemain Of Our Own, Vinci and Arty and Misty the Mouse (as a background character). She's also had small cameos in Extinctioners and appears rarely on the Second Life virtual hangout as the character Roxikat Muse.
John has even fursuited as Roxikat at Anthrocon and at Further Confusion, participating in the Masquerade in lip-sync acts and comedy shorts off-and-on for a decade. He made his first Roxikat fursuit in 1995 for ConFurence East. He later commissioned Scribblefox for a fursuit head with a working jaw. He's commissioned ArtSlave and Mirabem for a complete fursuit that made an appearance at Midwest Furfest 2008.
In adult artwork and in appropriate online adult role-play hangouts, Roxikat is overendowed, oversexed, and overeager. This hyperfur version has odd body-modifications that are inspired by Roxi's adventures on adult MUCK roleplay hangouts. Roxi first appeared online as a female, but the male player later preferred to roleplay the character as a herm and later as a shemale. The changes were inspired by the artwork of TRUMP and Doug Winger and especially the Mall stories featured on Doug's website.
Naughty Roxi has appeared in the comic Supermegatopia as the name Roxikat, (based on John's character on SMT Blue MUCK, Milkshake) as well as in several portfolios sold at John's personal website at roxikat.com. She also appeared in Sin Factory's Genus #22 (reprinted in Genus Greatest Hits #3), and Genus Male #5.
- Hossifer photos from Megaplex uploaded 2009 August 2 to Roxikat gallery. Retrieved 2015 July 9.
- jangleradio's Bucket/Megaplex 8 2009 Kissimmee (4th from left) at Wild Bill TX's photobucket. Retrieved 2015 July 9.
- Smashwolf from City of Villains - by Roxikat uploaded 2008 June 5. Retrieved 2015 May 26.
- Hossifer the Jackalhorse - by Roxikat uploaded 2009 June 27. Retrieved 2015 July 9.
|This person is a WikiFur user:|
- John Barrett's Pen Station
- John Barrett (Roxikat) at LiveJournal
- John Barrett's adult art on the VCL - contains hyperfur non-work-safe artwork
- John Barrett on Fur Affinity - featuring a few Game Boys gay adult comics
- Roxikat and Zig Zag, written by Roxikat at Anthrocon 2004's Masquerade
- Roxikat's Subservient Fursuit Act on the Funday Pawpet Show Episode #344 - 8/19/07
- Roxikat competes in the Fursuit Dance Competition at Anthrocon 2008.
- Here's a closer view of the previous act.
- Roxikat in the Fursuit parade at Anthrocon 2008
- Roxikat with a new fursuit body by ArtSlave at Midwest FurFest 2008