Rocky Mountain Fur Con 2010
Rocky Mountain Fur Con 2010 was held on August 6th - 8th at the Doubletree Hotel Denver. The theme was The Wild West. Guests of Honor were artist Heather Bruton, fursuiter Lucky Coyote of Don't Hug Cacti Studios and Feature Performer, 2 the Ranting Gryphon. There was a total of 526 attendees, a 31% increase over the previous year, and 71 fursuiters in the fursuit parade.
Artist guest of honor Heather Bruton created the programme book cover, and a "Cougar cowgirl pinup" as the super sponsor print.
Several Nerf-based events were held, including:
- High-Noon Quick-draw Competition: A ladder match with stock Nerf Maverick revolvers and protection provided by the convention. Costumes, fancy shooting, or acting (including death acting) may be awarded additional style points.
- Free-for-all City Shootout: Participants must bring their own weapons (within limits), ammunition and eye-protection for an all-out competition in a stand-up city.
- Team Death-match: 4v4 team action in a stand-up city, with each team-member using their own equipment. Advanced registration is required.
- "Final numbers for RMFC2010: Attending 526, Fur suiters in the Parade 71 Thank you all for a successful Con! #RMFC2010" - RMFC Twitter account (16 August 2010)
- artdump. July 29, 2010 LiveJournal post by Heather Bruton. Retrieved July 31, 2010.
- [https://twitter.com/RMFC_Denver/status/289043936402628608 "The charity was the Front Range Equine Rescue. We made $240 for them in the auction, and matched it for a total of $480" - Rocky Mountain Fur Con Twitter account (9 January 2013)
|This entry about a convention is a stub - can you it?|