From WikiFur, the furry encyclopedia.
> Rhubarb The Bear (Redirected from RhubarbCub
Rhubarb The Bear (real name Ned Wilkinson), is a furry musician and composer who lives in Orlando, Florida, USA. He was formerly known as RhubarbCub until he decided to "age-up" in 2011.
 Fandom involvement
Rhubarb first become involved in the furry fandom in 2008, as an art patron.
Rhubarb debuted his first solo show, The Rhubarb Show (Bear-Based Entertainment), at Furry Fiesta in February 2012, and performed it again at Megaplex, 2012, and Fangcon 2012. His second, Rhubarb The Bear: Maximum fuR&B, premiered at Furry Fiesta 2013 and was subsequently presented at the Orlando Fringe 2013, where it won "Best Kids' Fringe" honors awarded by The Daily City. Maximum fuR&B was also performed at Anthrocon 2013 and Megaplex 2013, and is next scheduled for Fangcon 2013 and as a "warmup act" for the Fosgate revival. Rhubarb's solo shows are notable for their mix of furry hits, pop songs, audience participation and guest appearances by other furries (including Bucktown Tiger, Vin, Vivaldi Foxerz, Twitch_Da_Woof, Fox Amoore, Matsi Wuff, and Rhubarb's mate, Cosmik.)
Rhubarb served as Guest of Honour for Wild Nights 2012 and Fangcon 2012.
Rhubarb's fursona is an Ozarkian brown bear who alternates between inexplicable ignorance and Zen-like insight. His character was designed by Mary Mouse and his suit was created by White Wolf.
Rhubarb is the author of five musicals, two of which deal heavily in anthropomorphic themes.
- Julie Bunny Must Die! tells the story of a struggling independent graphic artist. He is accompanied on stage by four other actors who play dual roles, of his comic book characters and people in his real world. One of these characters, LaserWolf, is a furry complete with a partial fursuit which the actor dons onstage at various points in the story. The LaserWolf character was designed by Mary Mouse and the suit was created by Sophie Cabra. Following a workshop at Central High School in March 2010, it was first produced at the Orlando International Fringe Festival in May 2010, and subsequently at Springfield Contemporary Theatre in January 2011. By invitation, it has been performed at Wild Nights 2011, Oklacon 2011,and Megaplex 2012. The original cast album, due any minute now, features performers from both the Orlando Fringe and Springfield casts.
- Fosgate; Ferret Loan Officer is a broad spoof of The Merchant Of Venice by William Shakespeare; five of the six main characters and two bit parts are portrayed as anthropomorphic animals. Following a workshop at Springfield Community Theatre in December 2011, a staged reading was presented at Wild Nights 2012. A fully realized production of Fosgate was presented at the Orlando Fringe in May 2012. It was the only show in the festival to simultaneously win the Patron's Pick (most tickets sold in a venue) and make the Orlando Sentinel's top 10 list. "Fosgate" has also been produced at Megaplex 2013, and is scheduled for an Orlando revival in October 2013.
- ↑ RhubarbTheBear's profile on Twitter. Retrieved ?.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Hi, folks! Welcome to my new account!" - posting on RhubarbTheBear's Fur Affinity journal. Dated September 8th, 2011. Retrieved September 20, 2011
- ↑ "Howdy howdy!" - posting by RhubarbCub on the Oklacon forums. Dated June 27, 2011. Retrieved September 20, 2011
- ↑  on the MegaPlex website. Dated July 18, 2012. Retrieved August 18, 2012
- ↑ 2011 Events on the Oklacon website. Retrieved September 20, 2011
- ↑  on the Megaplex website. Dated July 18, 2012. Retrieved August 18, 2012
 External links