Red Deer Mini Con
|Red Deer Mini Con|
|First iteration||October 31 2015|
|Final iteration||October 31 2019|
|Organizer(s)||Jake Tiggy (Mark Jacobsen)|
|Resources||Photos, videos, reports: Red Deer Mini Con resources|
|Red Deer Mini Con staff|
|Red Deer Mini Con guests of honor|
Red Deer Mini Con (promoted as "A Night at the Crimson Stag") was an 18+ furry convention held in Red Deer, Alberta, Canada. It has grown from a one-day Halloween event to 145 attendees in 2018. It is led by Jake Tiggy (Mark Jacobsen), who had previous experience running events for the Northern Alberta Mascot Performers from February 2013.
Red Deer Mini Con 2015 took place October 31 at the Ramada Red Deer Hotel, with fursuit bowling at Heritage Lanes, swimming, a pizza dinner, a trip to the Zed Haunted House, card games and drinking. The event was led by Jake Tiggy while Snicks made preparations for the weekend and Lone Tiggs ran registration and created badges. It cost $20 per person, and attracted 25 attendees, including eight fursuiters.
Red Deer Mini Con 2016 took place October 28-29 at the Ramada Inn. New events included a visit to trampoline park Jump 360 (for an additional price) and a raffle, to which $30 sponsors got six tickets.
Red Deer Mini Con 2017 took place October 27-28 at the Baymont Inn and Suites. Events included Friday night bowling and a trampoline park; there was also a mini ball pit brought by Bearpaw Blackwuff. Sponsors had access to a steak dinner with the guest of honour, Rocketeer Rabbit, and the mysterious "Tiggs It Up" event (possibly involving Lone Tiggs and a small bottle of vodka). There were 41 fursuiters.
Red Deer Mini Con 2018 took place October 26-27 at the Baymont Inn and Suites. Events included a fursuit fashion show a pool party, a light display, and return of the ball pit. Norsewolf Creations had a dealers table for fursuit parts and one pre-made red lion which sold at the event. There were 145 attendees, including 45 fursuiters.
Red Deer Mini Con 2019 is scheduled for October 25-27 at the Baymont by Wyndham Red Deer (the same location as 2018, just renamed). Events are to include Saturday-morning cartoons at the cereal bar, panels on commissions, macro characters, a sponsor taco diner, video show, fursuit parade, raffle and dance, as well as the regular Friday-night bowling and haunted house on Saturday. Theron Eindridi and WildValfreya of Norsewolf Creations are to be guests of honour. At-door registration is $30 and the event is 18+. The website was provided by QB89Dragon.
Due to COVID, the convention did not operate this year.
On July 27th, 2021, the official Red Deer Mini Con twitter account posted a notice of farewell[/a], indicating the convention would not be returning.
- About - Red Deer Mini Con. Retrieved March 31, 2019.
- Northern Alberta Mascot Performers - Jake Tiggy, Alberta Furries forum (April 22, 2014)
- Founding date of Northern Alberta Mascot Performers - Facebook. Retrieved May 1, 2019.
- Night at the Crimson Stag, October 31 Red Deer - Jake Tiggy, Alberta Furries forum (October 8, 2015)
- "Heads up to everyone we are hosting a Halloween mini con in Red Deer on the 31st. Being held at the Ramada with lost of fun things to do :)" - Jake Tiggy, Twitter (October 8, 2015)
- Red Deer Mini Con 2015 photos - Bandelp, Google Photos (November 3, 2015)
- Comment to Night at the Crimson Stag, October 31 Red Deer - Jake Tiggy, Alberta Furries forum (October 30, 2015)
- "red deer mini con. It's about 20 or so people"..."drinking, we went to the haunted house, card games, Halloween stuff" - Bandelp, Twitter (October 31, 2015)
- Comment to Night at the Crimson Stag, October 31 Red Deer - Jake Tiggy, Alberta Furries forum (November 1, 2015)
- Night At The Crimson Stag (Oct 28th and 29th) - Jake Tiggy, Alberta Furries forum (September 21, 2016)
- Photo promoting Red Deer Mini Con 2016 with drunk, passed-out red deer mascot fursuiter - Alberta Furry Event and Picture Sharing (September 22, 2016)
- Comment to Night At The Crimson Stag (Oct 28th and 29th) - Jake Tiggy, Alberta Furries forum (October 10, 2016)
- Red Deer Mini Con Oct 27th and 28th - Jake Tiggy, Alberta Furries forum (September 5, 2017)
- "So I am out bowling at @reddeerminicon..." Lone Tiggs, Twitter (October 27, 2019)
- Photo of fursuiters in trampoline park at Red Deer Mini Con 2017 - Xanderg, Twitter (October 29, 2017)
- "Had a great time @reddeerminicon I nearly passed out in the ball pit but thankfully someone poked me with a stick." - Ironfur, Twitter (October 29, 2017)
- "One of the big additions to this year's fun is a delicious guest of honour steak dinner. You need to pre reg as a sponsor to get your ticket" - Red Deer Mini Con, Twitter (February 27, 2017)
- "@reddeerminicon registration is paid! Gonna shoot that cute little bottle of vodka and have myself a steak dinner with @RocketeerRabbit" - Spuz Lioncourt, Twitter (September 29, 2017)
- "This is the last week to pre register for RDMC. Better do it soon if you want to sponsor for the steak dinner or Tiggs it Up :)" - Red Deer Mini Con, Twitter (October 7, 2017)
- Fursuit photo from Red Deer Mini Con 2017 - Red Deer Mini Con, Twitter (October 29, 2017)
- Red Deer Mini Con 2018 - Jake Tiggy, Alberta Furries forum (September 24, 2018)
- @reddeerminicon fashion show... - WildValfreya, Twitter (October 27, 2018)
- "Now that is a pool party!" - Red Deer Mini Con (October 27, 2018)
- "Have to give a big shout out to @mBlade_Akita of @Made2Glow for coming down to set up his light display for us this year." - Red Deer Mini Con, Twitter (October 29, 2018)
- "Big thank you to @BearpawBliss and his crew for bringing down and setting up the chill snuggle room and the ever popular ball bit." (sic) - Red Deer Mini Con, Twitter (October 29, 2018)
- "All set up at @reddeerminicon! Norsewolf has wares if you have coin! ;)" - Norsewolf Creations, Twitter (October 26, 2017)
- "Our premade sold at @reddeerminicon! Have fun with him @Rico_LionDog!" - Norsewolf Creations (October 27, 2017)
- "RDMC 2018 is all over and what an amazing weekend. Thanks to everyone who attended and made it what it what it was. 145 attendees and 45 suiters in the parade." - Red Deer Mini Con, Twitter (October 28, 2018)
- Registration - Red Deer Mini Con. Retrieved March 17, 2019.
- Events - Red Deer Mini Con. Retrieved April 9, 2019.
- "RDMC 2019 will be October 25th and 26th and held again at the Baymont Inn and Suites. Our Guest of Honor will the amazing @TheronEindridi and @WildValfreya of @NWCfursuits" - Red Deer Mini Con, Twitter (October 28, 2018)
- Red Deer Mini Con - official website
- Red Deer Mini Con on Twitter
- Red Deer Mini Con chat on Telegram
-  on Twitter