Ratchet & Clank
Ratchet & Clank is an action platformer game designed by Insomniac Games. It was originally released for the Playstation 2 console in the USA on November 4, 2002 and has since had five sequels plus a spin-off. It has grown into one of the three most popular platformer franchises for the Playstation 2, along with Jak and Daxter and Sly Cooper.
The game features a character named Ratchet, a member of a fictional furry species called the lombax, which has large pointed ears, stripes, and a tail with a puffball tip. He carries his sidekick, a robot called Clank, on his back. Ratchet can collect a variety of weapons including bombs, a blaster, a flame thrower, and a bazooka. He can also collect a number of gadgets that allow him to perform various stunts and solve puzzles, such as magnetic boots and a grappling hook. It is established in 2007's Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction that Ratchet is the last of his race in the universe (clearing up a misconception that Angela Cross, from Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando, was also a lombax, as many fans believed); the rest of his race escaped into an alternate dimension to avoid destruction.
- Clank: This robot is a pint-size adept generated in an apparent processing error by a factory which produces combat and security robots. He starts the game by slipping out of a dispensing chute and stealing a spaceship. Unfortunately, he is pursued and shot down, crash-landing on planet Veldin near Ratchet's home.
- Ratchet: Ratchet is a lombax, a self-taught mechanic who dreams of travelling to other worlds in search of fame and fortune; to that end, he is building a ship -- one which needs a robotic starter unit. He rescues Clank, who happens to have that capability, and thus the team is forged.
- Chairman Drek: Chairman of a company which polluted the Blarg homeworld until it became uninhabitable except by toxic sludge-monsters. He has a plan to replace it, however...
- Captain Qwark: He is the Hero of the Universe and Savior of the Galaxy -- if you believe his advertising. Ratchet figures that the best way to save his home from Drek is to get Qwark to do it.
- Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
- Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
- Ratchet: Deadlocked
- Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
- Secret Agent Clank