|It has been suggested that this item be merged with Template:Comic.|
Please check the talk page discussion.
|Author(s)||Dave "Shmorky" Kelly|
|Launch date||September 1, 2001|
|End Date||June 17, 2005|
The comic covered several of the time's social and political issues, as well as the personal things that happen in a women's day to day life, as told by a cast of (mostly) anthropomorphic female characters.
This offensive ensemble were well known for their foul language and and violent behaviour.
Religious figures are also poked at, such as Jesus Christ being referred to as Jeebus Crow.
After a while, the comic diminished somewhat in crude humor and violence, and there were even a few notably touching moments.
- Betty is Purple Pussy's mild, significant other.
- Roofie is a clinically depressed, nerdy green raccoon.
- Poopie is the daughter of a multi-billionaire, and enjoys eating poop.
- Shelly Squirrel was an (angry) would-be major character, but Shelley is later told by her doctor that she will die before her 23rd birthday, and does so midway through the comic's run.
- Spooky is a goth
- Scarlet Skunk was another would-be major character, but got killed off after a few strips
- Pam Charge is Purple's biggest fan.
- Jeebus Crow, son of the Almighty
- Sid's is Purple's ex-boyfriend
- Phil is a character from one of Dave Kelly's other comics, Living in Greytown
The demise of the comic started when many of the characters started to find their own separate ways. The first to leave was Foxy who left for Florida, calling it "The Penis of America". Then Roofie got a TV show offer. Three days later we find out that Poopie is going to participate in the war. The only two that are left are Purple and Betty. Deciding they had a good comic run, they go through a human transformation together, and walk off into the sunset holding hands.
The book yet to be
|Hey kids, remember a long time ago (two years ago, actually!) when I said there would be a Purple Pussy book and it kept being delayed? Originally I was going to make Purple Pussy in book form all the time. You can now see how it all began. It's not pretty, and only funny sometimes. This comic is embarrassing and bad, but just think of it as seeing how far the comic has gone. - David Kelly|
Purple became enraged in early January 2002 about a review from a major comic publisher, over not being able to distribute Purple Pussy because it did not meet their quality or specific requirements.
- Foxy Fox's Bio
- Foxy Fox leaving for Florida
- Roofie joins Show Biz
- Poopie is off to war
- Purple and Betty's happy ending
- Purplepussy.net and quality standards