The Pride of Life
|The Pride of Life|
|Launch date||9 June 2004|
|Genre||Comedy, Fantasy, Anthropomorphic|
The Pride of Life is an ongoing action comedy webcomic created by Rhandi Fisher. It is about a teenage vulfpacht named Kedamono who acquires superpowers upon eating the legendary cursed fruit of the World Tree, Yggdrasil, thereby becoming a superbeast. The fruit endows the consumer with superpowers and allows him or her to live for up to 500 years, but when those 500 years are up, he or she will die a violent death. The story follows Kedamono's adventures and misadventures throughout his lifetime.
The comic first appeared on the internet on June 9th, 2004, updating three times a week. After several hiatuses, the comic has resumed as of April 2nd, 2014, with weekly Wednesday updates.
- Main article: List of characters in The Pride of Life
- Kedamono, a young Vulfpacht who for seven years had been trying to obtain the fruit of Yggdrasil to become a superbeast.
- Gaur, a minotaur superbeast and the guardian of the World Tree. Acts as Kedamono's mentor/father figure.
- Adolfo, a hybrid superbeast in the service of Othello. He was sent to claim Yggdrasil on Othello's order.
- Othello, a humanoid with bat-like features and Adolfo's master. One of the main antagonists.
- Chieftain Hyde, the leader of the Vulfpacht village, Hunds.
- "Daddy" Valdez, a chain-smoking gryphon and the head of the Zapatos Gang. He suffers from gigantism and his wings are underdeveloped, rendering him flightless.
- Nickles, Valdez's underboss, also a gryphon. He is the one of the Zapatos Gang's night managers and is the first significant antagonist in the story.
- Main article: List of The Pride of Life episodes