Plush and Blood
|Plush and Blood|
|Author(s)||Corey "TiredOrangeCat" Messer|
|Update schedule||Not updating|
|Launch date||20 October 2006|
|Genre||Adventure Science Fiction Furry Plush|
Plush and Blood is a comic by Corey "TiredOrangeCat" Messer that revolves around Stuffed Animals living in a Utopian society subtly rule by a totalitarian dictator secretly stuffing the populous with behavioral control; and the subsequent fall of the empire. It is a plush furry science fiction webcomic. The first comic was posted on the 20 October 2006, with later pages appearing on a bi-weekly schedule. The first story, The Unstuffed, concluded 29 October 2010. The second story, Memory's Threads, began on 22 June 2012 and is on going with a Tue, Wed, Thur, update schedule.
(summarized from the Plush and Blood Backstory )
At the height of prosperity and progress of in a civilization of Plush a small spark ignited a flame. Through the millennia the carnivores had used their elevated position to hold themselves over the herbivores. Long having abandoned the eating of another Plush's hide the carnivores still held their rule through fear and power. Factions arose and fell over the centuries until two distinct fringe groups began to emerge as majority powers. Those unhappy with the divide of the Plush banded together and formed the Broken Circle. A name that represented the split in the Plush species. In an attempt to calm the tension the Broken Circle put itself in harm's way between the two factions. Years went by with little to no advancement in the effort to end the stalemate. Frustration within the Broken Circle grew, patience had worn thin on all three sides.
Unprovoked attacks on the Broken Circle began. The Broken Circle tried to calm its own members in a vain attempt to restore balance. When this failed and all seemed lost a single member stepped forward to take the helm. A well renown history professor by the name of Brown began to pull the Broken Circle back together. Within a year he had the Broken Circle’s complete support. With all of the Broken Circle’s resources at hand he began a campaign to turn the Plush through a series of subversive measures.
Opposition to the Broken Circle disappeared quietly, quickly, and en masse. Just as quickly they would return, changed almost imperceptibly to those that knew them, perfectly normal to those that did not. Their personalities remained, their goals and drives unchanged, but their political machinations subtly shifted in favor of the Broken Circle and its message. The Stuffed. The Plush unassociated with politics shrugged the disappearances off as conjecture and rumor. They were more than happy with the climate that was beginning to unfold. Lawlessness and crime were begging to dry up as prisoners were taken to experience a new process of rehabilitation called “Stuffing” hailed by the Broken Circle as a peaceful end to all violent criminals.
Discontented with the new Ident chips and “peaceful” re-integration of millions of prisoners back into society; small rebellious bands began to form. Propaganda was their weapon and anarchy was their name. The “Peace” the Broken Circle had brought to their world in such a short span of years they claimed; was built on the corpses of freedom.
The attacks began again. At first no one claimed responsibility. The small acts of terror were pointed directly at Broken Circle institutions, surely this had to be the work of a anarchist cell. The Broken Circle took the stage and declared that this rebellious attitude is what nearly lead to the collapse of society less than a decade ago. With the processing facilities in full swing the Broken Circle began to police its cities looking for any unrest.
The rebels however, just moved further into the dark their means now justified, their beliefs confirmed. They began to organize and form a communication network. Within a year they had a working underground that was beginning to disrupt the Broken Circle's efforts to strip Plush of their free will. At the heart of the quiet rebellion was a band of one hundred squirrels lead by a seemingly untouchable leader, Spartan. They stung at the Broken Circle with such lightning fast ferocity that the devastation they caused was barely settling before they were gone. Hope began to flutter back into the hearts of those underground. The one hundred were coined “Invincibles” by their underground. They had never lost a man, and impossible odds seemed always to lie within their favor.
The Broken Circle was more than happy to let the Rebels “play” within its world, knowing what its true capabilities were. In one fell swoop, a clever trap was sprung and the one hundred squirrels that were deemed invincible were taken and Stuffed. President Brown emerged as the leader and assigned the Invincibles, now truly representative of their name, as his own personal army. With 50% of the world in the palm of his hand, President Brown set his second plan in motion.
Years went by as Brown organized his empire, he strove to consolidate his power into one magnificent city. His plan was realized with a massive effort put forth by his new found Stuffed followers. Always at the forefront of advancement President Brown revealed to the world it’s notion of peace. The end of world hunger is what they called the Elysium Fields. A violent desert waste on a southern continent was transformed. Within a year the Broken Circle had seeded and grown a vast field of flowers covering every square inch of sand. Edible flowers that the Broken Circle claimed were ever-renewing. The vastness in size painted a swath of color across the planet viewable from space. Pale daisies and bloody tulips waved in the warm winds. Teams of harvesters found the flowers sprouting behind them days after passing over. The Plush rejoiced at the bounty.
Brown assembled his armies to eradicate the rebels from the globe once and for all. Systematically working his way across the globe his influence began to push the rebels from their hiding places. The rebels fell back into the mountainous terrain where the city of New Camelot sat nestled in a foundation of stone. A rebel commander by the name of Cromwell had seen this coming for a long time. Having bided his time and carefully stockpiling weapons he and his cell were ready for the siege that closed New Camelot off from the rest of the world. For two years the city held its ground with the subtle help of the rebels. For two years they fought side by side for a common cause of stopping the Broken Circle in its tracks.
Brown was no fool, while the rebels walled themselves in, he carried on with his plan subduing the world around it. After two years of reforming the world Brown returned to New Camelot with his Invincibles. In one fell swoop he crushed their defenses and broke the will of the inhabitants of New Camelot. Thousands gave their lives over the course of the siege and thousands more perished as the fought to retain their city. When it was all over only one force remained, that of the Broken Circle.
As Brown solidified his grasp upon the world, the last pockets of unstuffed found two men. They were not heroes, they were not villains, they were up to the highest bidder if you could pay their price. Their names were whispered in fear of bringing them down upon the speaker and those around. Rumors of their ruthless abandon for Plush life gave them their names. Their atrocities could only be committed by denizens sent straight from Hell to punish the world for falling under the spell of the Broken Circle. Those who witnessed their ferocity and wanton destruction of everything around them fell to their knees and prayed. Known as the Right and Left hands of the Devil, they were the single thorn still irritating the Broken Circle. It was unknown whom or what they were paid, some said it was money, some said it was souls, it was irrelevant. In two months the Devil's Hands had nearly crippled Brown’s processing network. In what seem a last hurrah, they stormed Brown’s Mansion. Some suspect this was an assassination attempt, some suspect it was more. Brown however, always two steps ahead; had already laid a trap. The Devil's Hands were captured and sent to Brown’s main processing plant in the center of his crown jewel, Utopia. This is where our story begins...
The last of the Unstuffed...
- Fox - a.k.a. the "Left Hand of the Devil".Quickwitted, fast-talking and slightly arrogant. Fox seems to be lighthearted to almost anything, willing to kill even his best friends. He is infamous for his abilities with a shotgun, his weapon of choice, although he is quite deadly with any weapon, including his own body.
- Grey - a.k.a. the "Right Hand of the Devil". Feared for his ferociousness in hand-to-hand combat and brute strength. He doesn't speak as much as Fox, but when he does it's never without a reason, there lies a deep wisdom behind his muscles. Throughout the story, he has also given a bit of explanation to Fox's past.
- Katt - Very little is known about this pink feline. She was found by Fox and Grey in a crate similar to the one they were brought to the facility in. She has forgotten nearly everything of what has happened to her, not even remembering her own name. Fox was able to point it out because it was branded on her right hip near her tail.
- President Brown - Once a history teacher, Brown was an important member of the Broken Circle, a political party for herbivorous animals. Eventually he took control of the party, and began his conquest. His biggest achievement is a process called "Stuffing", where the stuffing of an animal is removed and replaced by his own modified stuffing. This process renders the animal completely obedient to Brown, and it can then be used for military purposes. Using this technology, Brown has conquered nearly 80% of the planet, obliterating any resistance in his path.
- Doctor Anettea - Brown's main surgeon. She was contracted by Brown believing that his process of Stuffing could save terminally ill patients. After a while Brown forced her to undergo the Stuffing-process herself. She now saw the terror that was her own creation, being obligated to work for Brown.
- The Invincibles - Once a squad of one hundred brave squirrels and the only resistance to Brown, the Invincibles were a new hope to the rebels. They did not last long, though. In a single strike, Brown trapped the Invincibles and had them stuffed. Now they are his own team of commanders and personal bodyguards.
- Chesher - A mysterious critter. He used to be a part of the same mercenary unit as Fox and Grey, but was killed in the battle for New Camelot. Yet he has reappeared in the processing facility, randomly popping up and vanishing. Fox also states that he was the smartest animal he has ever known.
- 'Katt' - Pink Feline from The Unstuffed searches the ruined wasteland for answers to her past.
- 'Sally' - Quick little Ermine that gets caught picking Katt's pocket and tags along like a burr in a tail.
- 'Alice' - Ten year old fox rescued from Convoy by Katt.
- 'Friar Pekin' - A robust badger that is on a mission from his church to ease the strife across the wasteland.
- 'Stalwort' - A one armed mountain horse that is overseer to the slaves of OZ.
- Plush and Blood at deviantART
- Plush and Blood at Facebook
- Plush and Blood at Fur Affinity
- Plush and Blood at Patreon (crowd-funding)
- Plush and Blood at Twitter