Order of Potter
|This article does not cite its references or sources. You can help WikiFur by references.|
For specifics, check the and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for editing help.
The Order of Potter, also known as OOP, was the "Internet's most pointless award," as described by its creator, former furry artist Eric Blumrich. This award (in honor of British children's book author Beatrix Potter) recognized the conspicuous merits of publications and individuals, but it was divided into two specifically distinct categories: funny animals and politics.
 Funny Animals
The OOP was awarded on this category to those people or institutions that contributed significantly to the advancement of "funny animals" as a legitimate and respected genre. The recipients were (by timeline):
- Burned Fur ("A significant movement dedicated to the rehabilitation of the fandom's image".)
- Hopster's Tracks ("A WAY cool comic from Bongo Comics Group")
- Bill Holbrook's "Kevin and Kell."
- Brian Jaques' "Calorie Laden" literature.
- Blue Sky's "Bunny" animated short.
- Hopster's Tracks #2.
This "category" was to award those who "showed prodigy in the ability to simultaneously possess high office and an IQ in the double digits,"... For those who missed it, that was "sarcasm". The recipients were:
- Robert Mugabe ("The King of African governmental corruption and mismanagement!".)
- Kim Jong-Il ("President-for-life of the Peoples Democratic Republic of Korea".)
- Laurent Kabila ("Africa's answer to Il Duce!".)
- Bacharuddin Jusuf Habibie ("Indonesian stooge!".)
- Viktor Anpilov ("Stalinist Fossil!".)
- Senator Strom Thurmond ("Racist alzheimer's poster child".)
- Professor Burhaddin Rabani ("Head honcho of the Taliban Militia".)
- Slobodan Milosevich ("Nato's whippin' boy!".)
The awards ended its run in 2002, after Sonny Windstrup's Kobot.net server went off-line permanently, taking with it Blumrich's "Party Headquarters" hosted web page, where the OOP official page resided.
Best of Fur! Award · Golden Sydney Award · Michael-Scot McMurry Award for Conspicuous Integrity · Order of Potter · The Moreau Awards