|Born||January 26, 1996|
|Profession or hobby||Student|
|Species||Zebra Pegasus/Simbid/Smeargle ( Pokemon )/Dragon-Alligator hybrid|
Equivamp is the most-commonly seen username matched with a zebra pegasus avatar as their primary fursona. Born January 26, 1996, other pen-names used by this person include Kila Brija, Kila Onasi, Rodney, Erren Noetis, Equivampthefurry, and Ralf.
Having discovered the furry fandom sometime between late 2008 and early 2009, they quickly became engrossed in the subculture, it being already a habit of theirs to produce art and stories featuring anthropomorphic animals, as well as feeling a spiritual connection to animals as a therian (with a rat theriotype).
Equivamp identifies with their artwork as a furry artist, but does not refer to the anthropomorphic theme to much of it as "furry", feeling that, while it is an appropriate synonym for anthropomorphic, it is a cultural reference not relevant in many settings.
 Personal life
 Convention attendance
- Epicon - 2011 (as "Summercon"), 2013
 Zebra Pegasus
Equivamp's main fursona, the unguligrade, psi-vampiric winged zebra, has no official name, but varies between Kila Brija, Kila Onasi, and Erren Noetis. Occasionally, it has been itself called Equivamp, though according to the player, "Equivamp" is simply an all-encompassing username meant for easy, wide-spread recognition. This officially nameless character's species is jokingly referred to as avis hippotigris, or, literally, "zebra bird", though the actual name would be avis dolichohippus. She commonly wears a light blue T-Shirt paired with black shorts or slacks. This fursona is "a Jedi, and sometimes a pirate. When a Jedi, she wears horseshoes constructed of plasteel, and when a pirate, are an alloyed gold.
Equivamp's scalie fursona, Tana Savo, is a macro dragon-dinosaur hybrid with yellow scales and a white underbelly. This is a sexless character. This character, in role-play, will mock "vore" another player by placing them harmlessly in its mouth.
 Second Life avatar
 Encyclopædia Dramatica
Equivamp was once a frequent editor to the satirical wiki Encyclopædia Dramatica (.se), even gaining some administrative privelages such as rollback. For a while they were also caretaker of the site's "FurFaggorty Portal". They have since stated that they do not "have time for [the] site any more."
Equivamp states that Encyclopedia Dramatica is simply for laughs, "or, more precisely, lulz," and does not affect adversely their views on furries, be it personally or as a whole. At any rate, being an EDiot has not stopped other users from writing an article about them. Members of ED's IRC also wrote an Urban Dictionary definition of them.
 Fur Affinity Suspension
In August 2011, Equivamp was suspended for a week from the furry art site Fur Affinity due to comments left on the suicide journal of Gizgiz, that were considered by Fur Affinity staff to be harassment. Equivamp, however, maintains that the suspension was unjust for the reasons given.
After being suspended, Equivamp opened up a second account, despite it being against Fur Affinity's TOS to use an alt while suspended. This account was subsequently also suspended (this one permanently) when detected by Fur Affinity's administrators.
After their suspension ended, Equivamp returned to FurAffinity and has had no further incidents.
 Kansans Improving Furry Fandom
In 2011 Equivamp proposed Kansans Improving Furry Fandom (KIFF or KIFFcon) a proposed coffee meet in Chanute, Kansas that was originally going to start on June 11st, 2011, postponed to May 2012, and not having taken place in 2012.
The furmeet was planned for a way for furries in the area to meet local furs in a safe environment, as well as provide the Furry Fandom better publicity and introduce others to the "true" fandom. It will be hosted either at the Chanute Public Library or the Fire Escape Coffee House and feature discussions on anthropomorphics in movies, literature, and the media, as well as how to clean the image of the fandom in the eyes of the media. It will also feature art trades, food, and general chatting. Unlike many furry gatherings, the media will be encouraged to attend.
 See also
- ↑ http://www.formspring.me/rootbrian/q/220395436286964221. Archived from the original on 2013-04-12.
- ↑ http://www.formspring.me/Equivamp/q/309813877795724923. Archived from the original on 2013-04-12.
- ↑ Short Essay: Why my "fursona" is not a rat - Flayrah post by Equivamp, dated November 15, 2012.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Furries: are we trending? - comment #33 by Equivamp on Flayrah
- ↑ Equivamp on FurryMap.net
- ↑ 002.jpg - A reference sheet of the fursona
- ↑ Equivamp on Furspots
- ↑ Profile information for equivamp on FurNation
- ↑ 2012 ref (color) Submission by Equivamp. "[...] the addition of two forms: an en femme form and an en homme form."
- ↑ Tumblr post by Equivamp. Retrieved December 3rd, 2012.
- ↑ https://encyclopediadramatica.es/Special:Contributions/Equivamp
- ↑ https://encyclopediadramatica.se/index.php?title=Special%3AListUsers&username=&group=Editors&limit=50
- ↑ https://encyclopediadramatica.es/index.php?title=Portal:Furfaggotry&action=history
- ↑ https://encyclopediadramatica.es/index.php?title=User_talk%3AAndr%C3%A9s&action=historysubmit&oldid=416058&diff=415802
- ↑ 
- ↑ Equivamp's contributions to Encyclopedia Dramatica.
- ↑ Equivamp - Encyclopedia Dramatica (.se) (Caution - POV)
- ↑ Equivamp - defined at Urban Dictionary
- ↑ File:Equivampbanned.jpg - a screenshot of the message from the staff at Encyclopedia Dramatica (.se) (Caution -POV)
- ↑ "The Low-Down on my Fur Affinity Suspension..." - Livejournal entry by Equivamp (Caution - POV)
- ↑ Avis Hippotigris
|This person is a WikiFur user:|
- Equivamp on Sumo Paint
- Equivamp at Fur Affinity
- Equivamp at deviantART
- Tea and Grief Counseling: Why You Should Never Trust a Rat - Equivamp's LiveJournal
- Equivamp on Weasyl
- Life as Rat: Personals reflections on therianthropy - Equivamp's Dreamwidth
- Equivamp on SoFurry (to be purged)
- Equivamp on Twitter
- Equivampthefurry on YouTube
- Kila Onasi on Google+
- Kila Onasi on Facebook
- That Rat With the Glasses - Equivamp's Tumblr
- Equivamp on Rainbowdash Network
- KIFFcon homepage