From WikiFur, the furry encyclopedia.
Oklacon 2004 was a furry convention, the second annual Oklacon. It was held at Roman Nose State Park in Watonga, Oklahoma, USA.
 Officers and staff
- Feral!'s organizers, under threat of legal action, asked the convention to cease operations under the title of Festival of the Feral, fearing that the name would dilute Feral!'s trademark, and that convention-goers might mistakenly believe the Oklahoma event was "That Feral thing I've heard about." Among the then-current members, the demand was considered laughable; however, a lack of available funds meant that a legal battle was not an option. As a result, in 2004, the Oklahoma Association of Anthropomorphic Arts reverted the name of the convention back to its original working title, "Oklacon".
- The year's theme, !, was originally suggested as a bold statement of "Bigger and Better." Although not intended as such, the theme has also come to represent the sudden and rather humorous lack of a proper name for the fledgling convention.
- This was the first con to be organized and bankrolled by the OAAA.
 External links
- ↑ Oklacon 2004 official website on The Wayback Machine , Retrieved November 16, 2010.
- ↑ Historical Numbers on the Oklacon website. Archive on archive.org. Dated October 17, 2010. Retrieved February 20, 2014.
- ↑ Staff listing from official Oklacon 2004 website (archived and rehosted) , Retrieved November 23, 2010