|This article does not cite its references or sources. You can help WikiFur by references.|
For specifics, check the and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for editing help.
Non-extinct felids belong to one of two subfamilies: Pantherinae (which includes the tiger, the lion, the jaguar, the leopard, and the snow leopard), and Felinae (which includes the cougar, the cheetah, the lynxes, the ocelot, the leopard cat, and the domestic cat.
Felids are the strictest carnivores of the 13 terrestrial families in the order Carnivora. They are obligate carnivores (oe hypercarnivores), as they must consume meat to survive because of the much higher proportion of protein they require in their diet, much more than most other mammals.
Felidae in popular culture
- Bastet, Egyptian Godess
- Maneki Neko (the beckoning cat, Japan)
- Felix the Cat
- Fritz the Cat
- Billy the Cat
- Tom, from Tom and Jerry
- Top Cat
- Eek, from Eek! The Cat
- T-Bone and Razor, from SWAT Kats
- Kimba, from Kimba the White Lion
- Simba, from the The Lion King
- Tigger, from Winnie the Pooh
Felidae and furry
Felidae in furry culture
- Darke Katt, from Sabrina Online
- Miss Mab, from Dan and Mab's Furry Adventures
- Brianna Diggers, from Gold Digger
- Zora De Facto, from Andorozon